DSC03184.jpg

500L Introducing Cheeky McFiat!

Introduction

After 10 weeks of waiting and 2 days of ownership, I'm very proud to formally introduce Cheeky McFiat, our gorgeous new 1.4 petrol 500L! Yes, his name was inspired by the likes of Mr Splashy Pants and Boaty McBoatFace. :D

Cheeky features Lounge trim with an optional electric sunroof, third head restraint, rear armrest and black diamond-cut wheels. Today, he has had some new Michelin CrossClimate tyres fitted as we live out in the sticks and encounter a lot of muddy, wet roads.

Cheeky's colour is a stunning Jazz Turquoise which has already been positively commented on by several people already. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to photograph well and just looks pastel blue - apparently cameras can't see the turquoise spectrum very well. I have therefore modified my photos in Photoshop to make them look as close to the true colour as possible. You still can't really tell how beautiful it is.

Inside, there is a classy black and grey interior which has replaced the original Lounge trim which featured quotes in fancy handwriting. The suede dash and door panels are also gone - the dash now has a carbon-style textured finish and the door panels are faux leather.

Our previous car was a 2014 TwinAir Panda Trekking. Although I miss the character and nippiness of our little orange rocket, Cheeky is fabulous to drive in a different way - more refined and comfortable with a higher quality feel both inside and out. The amount of space is incredible, my two children now have loads of room for their muddy feet and bulky car seats and I can now fit more in the boot than just a buggy! :D

Next week Cheeky is being treated to a full Gtechniq package so will be looking even lovelier than he did on collection from the dealer.

Anyway, onto the bit you've all been waiting for - the photos! :D

Back