20160304_172841 (2).jpg

Panda 2012+ My black 2013 Panda Sempre Twinair Turbo 85

Introduction

After owning my black Sempre for about 3 years I decided that she's a keeper and to make some mods to it.I also joined the forum recently after lurking around here for inspiration and information for quite some while so I thought I should introduce her in the Members Motors section.
I really love the Panda's versatility but always longed for some better and sportier handling. Now after the new O.Z. wheels and Novitec lowering springs I'm even more in love with this crazy little car with it's torquey and loud twinair motor then I was before.:D
One of the biggest advantages of the Sempre edition is it's foldable front passenger seat. This is really adding to it's versatility and allows you to move pretty large things in the car that I wouldn't have held possible. The distance from the dash to the closed boot lit is 200cm (y)

Attachments

• IMAG0673-1.jpg
    IMAG0673-1.jpg
    751.3 KB · Views: 96
  • IMAG0675.jpg
    IMAG0675.jpg
    699 KB · Views: 99
  • 1403983327756.jpg
    1403983327756.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 95
I'm jealous of that front seat. Currently, my bike travels in the back (trying to get a towbar) and the bike I'm riding is one of my long wheel base bikes, not the short, track bike I showed in an earlier thread. Not a good fit and I'm terrified of getting hit in the side where I could find the front fork rammed into my ribs or neck. Not good, hence saving for a towbar. Trouble is, three times a fortnight, I have to take my daughter too and from school so the folding seat wouldn't work for me, but it would still be nice.

What annoys me most about putting a bike in the back of the car is that the darned thing never goes in in the same position twice in a row. It's like every trip is a new experience. You'd think I'd have it sorted by now but no :cool:

You know that hook in the boot supposedly put there to take the handle of a shopping bag? (Actually, it does that very well, I've tried) My bike's wheels have nuts, not quick releases, and that hook is perfect for holding a 15mm spanner (y)

Yeah that hook is certainly pretty handy. I use it to secure bags that have to be kept upright (like takeaway food ;) )
Getting a bike in is always a bit of a pain. If you have to move bikes regularly the best way to go is a towbar with a detachable bike carrier.Still it's nice that I'm able to fit one in when needs must.

Any more plans with the Panda, TMC box, Savali/Squadra remap. ?

I'm really thinking about getting the Savali chip tune. I hope a friend of mine gets it first so I can try it out before I decide (allthough I only heard good things about the Savali tune).
Do find the increase in torque very tempting that the Savali tune brings and about 105bhp also sounds kinda nice.
My only doubt is about the way I use the car, 90% of my driving is done on the highway and I don't think that the advantages of the extra torque and hp are very noticeable under these conditions.
First I will have it serviced in April or so and after that I will decide witch way to go.

Other things I would like is a sportier/louder exhaust note and maybe a Banksy decal of a Panda shooting two guns on the rear window ;)

Exhaust changes is something from the past for me, not spending any money on that.
I heard from someone, that if you mount the 1.2 exhaust to the TA it will sound different and louder.
The TA exhaust has a big silencer in the middle of the car and nothing more, the 1.2 exhaust has a small silencer at the rear and nothing more.

Savali tune is something i plan in the near future, but i'm still considering WMI.
Savali tune and WMI means 120 hp and 182 Nm. :D

Exhaust changes is something from the past for me, not spending any money on that.
I heard from someone, that if you mount the 1.2 exhaust to the TA it will sound different and louder.
The TA exhaust has a big silencer in the middle of the car and nothing more, the 1.2 exhaust has a small silencer at the rear and nothing more.

Savali tune is something i plan in the near future, but i'm still considering WMI.
Savali tune and WMI means 120 hp and 182 Nm. :D

Interesting thing about the exhausts just a shame the silencer of the 1.2 doesn't look nice from the rear. Do wonder what would happen if the middle damper is eliminated . Wonder if someone tried this with a Fiat 500 already.

The WMI tuning is pretty cool but I'm disapointed in the 0 to 100 km/h time, this is because they have to limit the torque for the first 2 gears if I understood correctly
Personally I think the normal Savali maping without the WMI makes a lot more sense price wise.
The torque gain between 2000 and 4000 rpm is pretty wicked and puts many normally aspirated cars to shame and with 171Nm not that far of the WMI.

Personally I think the normal Savali maping without the WMI makes a lot more sense price wise.
The torque gain between 2000 and 4000 rpm is pretty wicked and puts many normally aspirated cars to shame and with 171Nm not that far of the WMI.

Which I exactly why the car would be transformed on the highway/motorway/autoroute when needing a swift, clean overtake at anywhere between 100-130km/h. Having driven a TA with a TMC box fitted, I can confirm that the torque increase is very worthwhile. And the economy is broadly similar too, like for like driving.

Which I exactly why the car would be transformed on the highway/motorway/autoroute when needing a swift, clean overtake at anywhere between 100-130km/h. Having driven a TA with a TMC box fitted, I can confirm that the torque increase is very worthwhile. And the economy is broadly similar too, like for like driving.

Absolutely true and the thought of the extra torque puling out of corners certainly sounds very appealing. In the end it pretty much comes down to if I'm willing to fork out the cash for the extra torque as the standard engine tune isn't to bad to begin with.
The handling was something that realy never suited my needs so thats why I adressed that first with the suspension and wheels but the engine already is pretty sweet as it is but even more power and torque is probably even better:D

.....But the most transformative modification remains the Eibach Camber Bolts for the front uprights - I now have just over 2deg of negative camber and the front grip is just outstanding. Needed tracking reset afterwards, but the benefits of minimising under steer cannot be shouted loudly enough. My 4x4 even exhibits a decent chunk of lift-off oversteer, given the right situation, which is just enormously good fun. And all for less than £30 too...! Have a search of this forum as I've talked about these bolts before.

..Have a search of this forum as I've talked about these bolts before.

Yeah I remember that and also did a search for these bolts. Pretty cool and certainly interesting but honestly I don't have much trouble with understeer certainly not with the new tires. With the old oem tires I had a lot of spinning of the inside wheel under spirited cornering but even then not a lot of trouble with the outside tire wanting to slide out.

Last edited:
My Novitec lowered Panda does not have any understeer either, both with summer and winter tires, it drives like a razor.
Even without premium winter tires it drives very sharp, and that could only improve in the future when i switch to a premium winter tire.
In de summer with 195/45R16' sticky Dunlop's, it even show a loose lift-off rear end that can easily controlled with the throttle. :D

OZ wheel question: your wheels are mounted with aluminum centering rings and wobble bolts right. ??
No adapters or spacers in place. ?

Correct. Alu centering rings and wobble bolts. PCD is 4x100 instead of the 4x98 oem by Fiat. Spacers are a no go in combination with wobble bolts according to most. My wheels came without the original OZ wobble bolts wich are very expensive (150 euro for 16) so I got some bolts from a German company called SCC fahrzeugtechnik and theire bolts are also used in Tuv aproved combinations so I thrust that these bolts are of good quality(and a lot cheaper at about 60 euro's for 16 including postage).

Last edited:
Correct. Alu centering rings and wobble bolts. PCD is 4x100 instead of the 4x98 oem by Fiat. Spacers are a no go in combination with wobble bolts according to most. My wheels came without the original OZ wobble bolts wich are very expensive (150 euro for 16) so I got some bolts fr

THX for the info.
To much variables with spacers and wobble bolts, big chance of vibrations.
It would be better to use adapters when spacing is required.
4x98 PCD adapter to the hub with a wheel mounting of 4x100 PCD.

Back