Technical Punto Evo 1.4 8v Airbox

Currently reading:
Technical Punto Evo 1.4 8v Airbox

scottehh4

Hi All,

First of all, this is my first post, so a little intro: My names Scott, I'm 22, Had my Punto Evo GP nearly a year, 2nd car after writing my first off in 2012 and losing my license (I was a chavvy boy racer with a 1.2 Corsa - Lesson Learnt.). My punto is a 61 plate, in red, with Evo stickers down the side. If you're from West Yorkshire (Wakefield Area) you'll have no doubt seen me out and about. Very smart car. Love the Blue&me system, all in all, a very good car.

I have a few queries which i'm hoping you guys can help me with.

1. I'm planning on replacing the standard airbox with a cone filter of some form in the coming months. I've had a gander in the engine bay, and got the airbox "half" off. There's the breather pipe in the back, which just pulls off.. then there's a larger diameter hose, which appears to be spitting oil into the airbox? Not sure if that's what it's meant to do. I'm no mechanic, but i do know my way around an engine some what, and what i believe is the air intake, (might be throttle body - it's the bit that the airbox connects to with the flap inside..) That also has a layer of oil on the inside surface. Firstly, is that normal? and secondly, what is the second, larger hose for? If i remove the airbox, what do i need to do with this?

2. Blue&me related question: My iPhone 6 has a "carPlay" feature, which is meant to be able to play music wirelessly.. I've tried to set this up with my car, but it never seems to work. The carplay doesn't pick the car up, even though it is connected via bluetooth for calls etc. I can play music from my phone just fine using the USB port, and plugging my phone in. I have updated my Blue&me software to the latest version, can't remember software version numbers, but i know it's up to date. Does any one have any experience with this?

Thanks all in advance, Looking forward to been part of the site.

Scott.

CarPlay only works with cars that have the CarPlay feature, touchscreen etc.
Blue & Me is a Microsoft creation. The only way you can get music to play from an iPhone is using a cable into the sub port.
The Bluetooth only works for phonecalls, doesn't support streaming music.

Makes sense. By "Sub Port" are you referring to the OBD2 connector? Or the USB port? It's fine having to plug it in, but just wondered haha!

Anyone have anything on what the larger hose is for on the airbox?

Back