Technical What colour are the positive and negative wire colour for ducato 2004

Currently reading:
Technical What colour are the positive and negative wire colour for ducato 2004

damaguz

Please I am fitting a rear view camera. I need to know the positive wire and negative from rear light unit) Please help needed urgently.

If I need to use the 12v socket , which wire Colorado is positive and negative?

The reason is I want the camera on always .

Hi
I you wish to have the camera on whilst the ignition is on I would connect to the auxiliary socket power supply on the dash. Our camera is on all the time when the ignition is on as I use it as a rearview mirror (mounted in its place) as there is no view from inside the MotorHome with the original mirror. Vehicles get so close you can't see them from the side mirrors.
As the Truckies say "if you can't see my mirrors I can't see you"
From memory the wire feeding the middle connection on the back of the Auxiliary socket is logically the positive (red) while the side connection is earth (black) - it was ten years ago so can't remember the wire colors, but that's where I connected mine to.
Cheers

Red positive normally Black Negative.

In the meantime buy a multimeter.....i promise you will use it alot.

Many thanks I have installed my cam now all running from the 12 v socket From the cabin.

Will buy a multimeter now bcos I want to install the second camera but I want it connected to the side light - only want this 2nd cam switched on when I switch on the light at sunset.

buy a test light and check it but it may be canbus system

Many thanks I have installed my cam now all running from the 12 v socket From the cabin.

Will buy a multimeter now bcos I want to install the second camera but I want it connected to the side light - only want this 2nd cam switched on when I switch on the light at sunset.

Anychance you could explain what you are trying to achieve? I can add a second camera on mine aswell
:)

Anychance you could explain what you are trying to achieve? I can add a second camera on mine aswell
:)

Nothing really - only cos I mistakingly bought the one with two cameras instead of one. So am going to use one as reversing aid (only powers on when reversing) and the other for rear view(powered on at all times).
There's is no need having both on all the time since I can only view one camera at a time on the monitor anyway.

Back