Technical HELP check running lights HELP

Currently reading:
Technical HELP check running lights HELP

derbyshire gp

HELP.....
Can someone point me in right direction....
2012 punto

when car is running during the day ie no lights on (only day time running lights)
everything is fine:D
However come night time switch on lights and within a few seconds or minutes get error triangle and check running lights
Now heres the bit i dont understand
i checked all lamps/bulbs all okay.
apart from rear passenger led which was dim(see other threads)
so replaced entire cluster bingo:D no more dim leds on passenger side:worship:.......
but then i get error triangle flash up check running lights :bang:
What is going on ......
do i need to get ecu cleared of codes? is there a way of forcing a manual reset?
the only day running lights on the car are in the front head lamps and they seem fine....if they were faulty or on their way out surely it would come up on dash with out head lamps on ?
please help :cry:

HELP.....
Can someone point me in right direction....
2012 punto

when car is running during the day ie no lights on (only day time running lights)
everything is fine:D
However come night time switch on lights and within a few seconds or minutes get error triangle and check running lights
Now heres the bit i dont understand
i checked all lamps/bulbs all okay.
apart from rear passenger led which was dim(see other threads)
so replaced entire cluster bingo:D no more dim leds on passenger side:worship:.......
but then i get error triangle flash up check running lights :bang:
What is going on ......
do i need to get ecu cleared of codes? is there a way of forcing a manual reset?
the only day running lights on the car are in the front head lamps and they seem fine....if they were faulty or on their way out surely it would come up on dash with out head lamps on ?
please help :cry:

Sounds odd. Normally poor connection.etc
as its monitoring whats being used..eg.led bulbs
as youve fitted a different light unit a relearn could do the trick..look in 500 section it maybe theyve had similar before..?

Charlie

Ha Ha
funnily enough sorted
thanks varescrazy for input
Went out to car this morning started up and left running whilst scraping ice off windows
put lights on yellow triangle as usual
got in car to drive and error gone so must have re-calibrated itself
(y)

Nope not sorted:bang:
Still get error :confused:
Seems to be okay if car has been running for 20/30 seconds or so and then put lights on.
But if lights get put on straight away error check running lights:confused:

Parking lights ok both front on and both rear LEDs
However didn't get an error message?

Sent from my iPhone using FIAT Forum

Hey,
I'm new to this community, I've upgraded from a Mk2a.
I bought it and got it yesterday and noticed the same error message on the way home. Bear in mind this is at 7pm-ish so the lights were on.
Now my girlfriend noticed that every time the error message comes on, is when the brake pedal is pressed.
Not sure if this helps, but I thought I'd chime in!
I need to go back to the dealer next week to pick up my plippy key. So I'll ask then!

Hey,
I'm new to this community, I've upgraded from a Mk2a.
I bought it and got it yesterday and noticed the same error message on the way home. Bear in mind this is at 7pm-ish so the lights were on.
Now my girlfriend noticed that every time the error message comes on, is when the brake pedal is pressed.
Not sure if this helps, but I thought I'd chime in!
I need to go back to the dealer next week to pick up my plippy key. So I'll ask then!

Hi, and welcome, :)
probably a blown brake light bulb..:eek:

or the wrong wattage fitted:bang: maybe a poor connection..,

Charlie

I've checked the brake lights, they're all working fine!
Very confused! :confused:

replace both bulbs (the 21/5w split filament ones )

ensure they are in correctly as with force you can get them 180 degrees out of kilter

what i think has happened is brake filament has gone and the broken bit has dropped and bridged to the tail light filament...

vw-t4-380-brake-tail-light-bulb-clear-1639-p.jpg

replace both bulbs (the 21/5w split filament ones )

ensure they are in correctly as with force you can get them 180 degrees out of kilter

what i think has happened is brake filament has gone and the broken bit has dropped and bridged to the tail light filament...

Okay thanks, I'll investigate in the morning!

brake light bulbs dont appear to be the issue as above its just a single filament bulb so changed it any way.
still got error :bang::bang:
switched off and on severeal times turned ignition on and off severeal times now error gone (y)
hope it lasts

well i think the only solution is to replace every bulb:confused:
seems to be intermittent :confused:
so will be a process of elimination:bang:

Got the yellow lightbulb warning lamp and a check running lights error message on our 2012 Punto Twinair.

It seems to be as soon as you turn on the lights - not related to breaking.

All the lights seem fine when walking round the car.

Reading other GP threads there are more than 1 tail light bulb in the rear clusters.

So my question on the 2012 punto how many tail light bulbs should I see in the rear clusters?

I only see 1 at the top of the cluster.

Thanks all.

same problem as i have comes on when lights turned on either side or main bean occassionly goes off:confused: then comes on and off during driving:(
but then some times doesn't show up at all :bang:

sorry for my poor grammar.i have re-edit the post below
I have the same problem as "check running lights" comes on when lights turned on (either side lights or main beam) occassionaly goes off then comes on and off during driving.
But then some times doesn't show up at all
I dont get any errors when side lights/main beam are off so its not any of the other lights.
Only happens randomly when putting lights side/main beam on and warning triangle/check running lights either when lights are first put on and error stays on continuously or goes off stays off or randomly flashes on and off whilst driving :bang:
its done it ever since i bought the car 2 years ago just havent had time to look into it properly, So im convinced one or both of the day time running bulbs are either not can bus compatible or just faulty but both appear to work ok.
Charlie as you ask i do believe it has had some panel work before so what should i be looking for poor connections or grounding issues?

Last edited:
Back