Technical Metal cover from air con compressor pulley fell off

Currently reading:
Technical Metal cover from air con compressor pulley fell off

G78K

Hello friends, I have a 2011 Fiat Punto Evo 1.4 8V.

Last night, the metal piece covering the air con compressor pulley fell off when I started the engine. I managed to fit it by turning it back onto the pulley.

Everything was well until this afternoon, when it fell off again when I was moving off from the lights. Had to stop to pick it up from the road.

I need some advice on this.

Will there be any issues if I were to continue driving without this cover?

Alternatively, I can coat the screw threads with 2 part epoxy and turn it back onto the pulley so that it stays there permanently for good?

Which will be a better option? Air con compressor seems to be turning and functioning without the cover. The vents are blowing cold air as good as ever. The air con compressor doesn't require replacement yet.

Thank you.

Attachments

• 1455714533409.jpg
    1455714533409.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 99
  • 1455714566016.jpg
    1455714566016.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 1455714584821.jpg
    1455714584821.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 70
Hello friends, I have a 2011 Fiat Punto Evo 1.4 8V.

Last night, the metal piece covering the air con compressor pulley fell off when I started the engine. I managed to fit it by turning it back onto the pulley.

Everything was well until this afternoon, when it fell off again when I was moving off from the lights. Had to stop to pick it up from the road.

I need some advice on this.

Will there be any issues if I were to continue driving without this cover?

Alternatively, I can coat the screw threads with 2 part epoxy and turn it back onto the pulley so that it stays there permanently for good?

Which will be a better option? Air con compressor seems to be turning and functioning without the cover. The vents are blowing cold air as good as ever. The air con compressor doesn't require replacement yet.

Thank you.

Hi, does it have a thread so it actually screws together,
or just pushes into place..,
it it's a thread ,
I'd use loctite/ maybe even superglue.. on the thread

Hi, does it have a thread so it actually screws together,
or just pushes into place..,
it it's a thread ,
I'd use loctite/ maybe even superglue.. on the thread

It can be screwed on to the pulley. But there isn't an additional bolt to secure it firmly in place.

Back