Technical 1.6 sporting heat exchanger crack

Currently reading:
Technical 1.6 sporting heat exchanger crack

Andy86

Hi,

After recently discovering my engine bay had been redocrated a beautiful shade of coolant pink i popped my evo into my local garage where the mechanic informed me i have a cracked heat exchanger, which apparently only comes with an EGR valve attached to it (part no. 55230453) after talking with the lovley folks at fiat i have been informed that it will cost me 500 pounds for the pleasure.

After finding and ordering the correct part online I was subsequently being let down (I was told it was no longer in stock, After I was told it was being processed and would be delivered Monday) i have spent many a fruitless hour searching for a replacement. Does anyone know of a fiat patern part company or a cheaper alternative to a fiat dealership? Or is this a dealer only part?

Alternatively could I fit a breaking part from a 1.6 bravo I gather it's the same engine but it's a different part number, would this work?

Many thanks in advance,

Andy.

Last edited:
Hi,

After recently discovering my engine bay had been redocrated a beautiful shade of coolant pink i popped my evo into my local garage where the mechanic informed me i have a cracked heat exchanger, which apparently only comes with an EGR valve attached to it (part no. 55230453) after talking with the lovley folks at fiat i have been informed that it will cost me 500 pounds for the pleasure.

After finding and ordering the correct part online I was subsequently being let down (I was told it was no longer in stock, After I was told it was being processed and would be delivered Monday) i have spent many a fruitless hour searching for a replacement. Does anyone know of a fiat patern part company or a cheaper alternative to a fiat dealership? Or is this a dealer only part?

Alternatively could I fit a breaking part from a 1.6 bravo I gather it's the same engine but it's a different part number, would this work?

Many thanks in advance,

Andy.

Hi,
shop4parts are generally pretty good, maybe = eurocarcare also http://www.fiatalfadealerparts.co.uk/stickers-badges.html
maybe just put the part number into EBAY / google,
see what you get,
the FIAT engines tend to be widely used nowadays.. so a non-expected source could be found in the UK..,

Charlie - Oxford

Last edited:
Hi guys, my appologies I should of posted this a while ago, problem solved, Charlie you were spot on with your suggestion, i spoke with mick at shop4parts he explained that the part i needed was available seperatly contrary to fiats assertion that you had to buy the whole part. So if you have the same problem go to shop4parts search for part no. S4P8600 - EGR heat exchange cover, it cost me just shy of £80 and a further £140 for fitting, apparently they are notorious for cracking. The lesson here is don't believe everything FIAT tell you!

There was a guy on ebay breaking a 1.6 multijet he might have one. I'll try and get the ebay item number for you if that helps

Back