Technical Reverse camera kit fitting help

Currently reading:
Technical Reverse camera kit fitting help

damaguz

Hi, I want to fit a reverse camera to my ducato maxi. I need help with how to do this (the wiring )
Also if any one has bought one before on eBay and can suggest which of the kit to buy.

Thanks in advance.

What kit did you get? what are the connections you need? Does it have a video sender unit or does it have to be wired to the screen?

The camera comes with two cables for video and power. Both are routed to the display unit, ground and 12V can be taken from the radio connector. I bought a single DIN radio with a motorized touch screen and installed a pushbutton switch near the radio. With the switched closed, the screen pops up and shows the camera picture; with the switch open normal radio/TV/navigation functions are available (depending on the version).

"The camera comes with two cables for video and power" Not all do! Mine has a video sender unit so only needs power to the display and power to the sender unit, feed for sender unit is taken from reverse switch. So until OP says what kit they have no point in trying to help them

Thanks for the reply.. I haven't gotten a kit yet... Could you recommend the kit you bought if from eBay? Thanks

The camera comes with two cables for video and power. Both are routed to the display unit, ground and 12V can be taken from the radio connector. I bought a single DIN radio with a motorized touch screen and installed a pushbutton switch near the radio. With the switched closed, the screen pops up and shows the camera picture; with the switch open normal radio/TV/navigation functions are available (depending on the version).

Thanks for the reply.. I haven't gotten a kit yet... Could you recommend the kit you bought if from eBay? Thanks

Hello
I installed a 2 camera system with its own led screen in our Maxi motor home.
Take a look at '2seeTV' on the interWeb. Based in Leeds bloke I spoke to was Alistair.
Very helpful and seems to know everything about reversing cameras etc and will guide you as to the best options etc. Had a minor problem over a year after fitting it and he replaced the hardware item no problems.
The 2 camera setup is really good and gives you a view over the rear bumper (handy for reversing!) and a decent view behind you when driving. It is a hard wired system with weatherproof connectors. Bit of crawling around underneath needed but well worth it.
I installed the kit after reversing into a low metal lamppost on a site in Portugal and smashing the rear light lenses!
I would recommend the largest display you can fit as it makes life much easier when reversing and gives a decent view of the behind. Mount the cameras high up at the back so it discourages people borrowing them.
Don't know the bloke in Leeds he just gave excellent service and advice and Ebayers have a habit of vanishing sometimes.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.

Two reasons why I can't: due to my location I am only familiar with offers on the German site and the product I bought ("Auna") is no longer available.

For car radios with LCD screens they invented the word "moniceiver".
Make sure the camera has a grid or some form of field markers with different colors so it is easy to judge distances. And cameras with a video cable usually have better signal quality than the wireless ones.

I have never had a "hard wired" video system so can't comment but I would say that the video quality for just reversing is fine, not brilliant but it is just an aid anyway. I suppose cost of buying and fitting will help someone decide which kit.

I have never had a "hard wired" video system so can't comment but I would say that the video quality for just reversing is fine, not brilliant but it is just an aid anyway. I suppose cost of buying and fitting will help someone decide which kit.
Hi, I have decided to buy this camera kit on eBay
http://goo.gl/7mrG7S

Can someone please tell me if the 10m cable will be sufficient for a lwb ducato 2004 maxi or do I need to buy a bit longer one?

Thanks

10 Mtr should be long enough, get 10Mtr of heavy string and see what way you will route it and see. There seems to be a wireless video sender option as well.

Thanks for your prompt reply, I read somewhere on this forum that the wireless in not as clear as the wired version.
Please could you also guide me through the installation process ?

"The camera comes with two cables for video and power" Not all do! Mine has a video sender unit so only needs power to the display and power to the sender unit, feed for sender unit is taken from reverse switch. So until OP says what kit they have no point in trying to help them

Blimey your blunt arent you!!

YES I am, BTW that quote was not from the original poster so how did that person know what kit the OP was on about? If people want help at least give the basic info so people can give appropriate advise, Would you not agree? there's little point in sending people off in the wrong direction.

Back