General Twinair badge location

Currently reading:
General Twinair badge location

Does anyone have measurements for the exact location of the" Twinair" badge?

I don't have measurements sorry, but here's a pic of mine before I moved it;

Attachments

• DSCN0352.jpg
    DSCN0352.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 200
It's difficult to get it looking right to the eye due to the curvature of the boot lid, I moved mine a few times but it looks to be pretty much in the same position as Piccolos below, as a guide line the height up with the height of the Fiat boot badge and come in off the boot edge about 90mm at a guess, make sure height wise its the same distance above the crease in the boot lid on both sides, place it on lightly first in case you want to move it before fully sticking down. It should sit pretty much in the centre line between the rear light cluster and the chrome on the number plate light housing.

Last edited:
I felt the original position made it look like an afterthought as, I suppose, it is in a way. I moved mine to the centre under the FIAT badge to tie it all together - "FIAT Twinair 500".:D

Now I notice the red part of my FIAT badge is deteriorating under the clear plastic.

Just got a badge for mine, was going to try and take some of the shine off it to match the satin finish on the "s" model.
It's plastic so i might struggle to do it without taking the chrome off altogether.
Any ideas how it could be done, i thought either a dish scourer or well used scotchbrite.

Just got a badge for mine, was going to try and take some of the shine off it to match the satin finish on the "s" model.
It's plastic so i might struggle to do it without taking the chrome off altogether.
Any ideas how it could be done, i thought either a dish scourer or well used scotchbrite.

you'll only wreck it if you try to rub it down, it'll weather in after a few weeks and look a bit duller so i'd leave well alone

Mercky's right, you'll only risk damaging it if you try to rub it down, maybe not immediately but the chrome may start to flake off in time. A matte spray might work but finding something that'll key to the chrome and resist weathering, not to mention washing and polishing, would be the hard part.

Speaking of weathering, mine's now four years old and shows no sign of it.

If you place it in the 'factory' position it'll be so far from the satin chrome it'll be hardly noticeable I should think.

Or i could just paint it silver....
Or leave it off.
Actually for some reason my mirror covers are chrome finish, the car is red with a white stripe, maybe someone would swap for coloured ones.

Back