Technical Drivers electric window

Currently reading:
Technical Drivers electric window

MickAm

Hi
I have a Ducato Motorhome, 2009 the drivers window has just failed and will not go down, the fuse is ok and I can hear clicking when I press the button.
Reading through a few posts it seems common and seems it may be jammed, can anyone advise how I get to the drive mechanism behind the door??

Thanks in advance

Mick

i've had it out before but never did manage to fix it.
remove the plastic panelling of the door, star head cap screws.
there will some packing. The screws folding the motor and bracket will be visible.
when you remove the bracket the window will want to fall down. I think i jammed it with something.

if you get it fixed, do return and tell us how you did it :)

I have the same issue on my 05 passenger side. Haven't got round to doing it yet but when it initially happened I read on here somewhere that it could be a couple of things. One is a bit of plastic comes off something and jams it or there's something electrical to do with the motor and you need to replace it! I know it's not too much help but it may jog someone's memory! I will have another look myself and add a link if I find it as I will need it myself soon!

This thread contains details about the plastic bit coming loose and jamming things up, have a read and see what you think.

Last edited:

This has something about the motor! Again, have a squiz and see what ya think.

Last edited:
Hi, I have been following the advise and although I haven't got round to removing the panels I have found a green spacer near the window, it was sticking out and I thought it had been dropped in there, it seems this spacer us part of the window mechanism! The window is stuck in the up position and I hear a clicking sound when I press the button but the window doesn't move. I need some clear instructions/guidance on how to remove the panels to check the mechanism. Any help would be welcome

Thanks

Mick

Back