Citroen nemo oil pressure switch

Currently reading:
Citroen nemo oil pressure switch

Crombie

Hi all. I'm new to the forum. I have a 2011 Citroen nemo van 1248cc engine and I was wondering if anyone could tell me where the oil pressure switch is. It has gone into limp mode and the oil light is flashing and it's giving a oil sensors fault code. Thanks. Alan

Hi all. I'm new to the forum. I have a 2011 Citroen nemo van 1248cc engine and I was wondering if anyone could tell me where the oil pressure switch is. It has gone into limp mode and the oil light is flashing and it's giving a oil sensors fault code. Thanks. Alan

Hi, and welcome, :)

is that a FIAT engine..?? I don't recognise the capacity, :confused:

:idea:maybe look at the bottom of FF homepage,
for the similar bodied FIAT van /combi,
somebody with another PSA vehicle posted this week looking for info, ;)

Charlie

I found that. That's about turning the lights out. I am wondering where the oil pressure switch is located on the engine

Hi again Alan,
you're probably better posting a specific oil sensor question in the relevant VAN section,

most little fiats have the sensor on the FRONT of the engine - near the filter
( + cooler lines if fitted)

I'm still not 100% yours it a FIAT though ,
the quoted post seems to suggest it might not be..,
but posting in the Fiorino , or similar section may be of more help,

good luck,
Charlie

This is a Qubo or Fiorino as a Fiat.
Uses the Fiat 1.3 diesel engine.

The oil pressure switch is on the back of the head, I think, but this query is not an oil pressure issue, but an oil quality issue. It has calculated or detected poor oil quality, and is demanding an oil change and reset. There will be instructions in the handbook, but to haev gone limp suggests the warnings have been ignored and may need dealer intervention.

As suggested, post in Qubo or Fiorino forum for specific advice.

Yes this is rite. The oil was changed but the light was never reset so I assume I thinks it's still not been changed. Now when plugged in I get a error code saying fault code. P0521 Engine oil pressure sensor/ switch circuit range/ performance So that's why I think the sensor is faulty

Engine fault codes have to conform to a standard. Manufacturers are allowed to create their own codes for some things, such as specific body functions, but there are a lot of common faults that must conform. The codes were created probably before oil condition became an issue, but any warning must be a universal code. It appears that this one has been used.

It is important with any code to not just rush to the first thought, but to use it as a pointer for proper diagnosis. If oil pressure was an issue, it would put a light on, as the switch is just that, on, or off.

If the computer has not been told about the oil change, it is still counting from the previous change, and has decided that it now will be ineffective as a lubricant. To protect the engine, it is now preventing any real performance, so needs the service/oil quality indicator resetting. However, depending how long it has been in this condition, a simple reset may not be enough. You will almost certainly need a trip to the dealer.

Back