Punto (Mk2/2b) Dyanamique 1368cc

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) Dyanamique 1368cc

Myhuw

Hi just bought my first Fiat Puto Dynamique in April 2015, a 2008 plate with only 1 previous owner fully serviced every year and only 7500miles on the clock. Already added 10000 miles onto it!!.
Very pleased with car apart from the acceleration, when first starting off. Anyone else got one of these?, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be in the MKs/2b section. Not a petrol head, know nothing about cars. Any known issues with these models?? :)

Hi just bought my first Fiat Puto Dynamique in April 2015, a 2008 plate with only 1 previous owner fully serviced every year and only 7500miles on the clock. Already added 10000 miles onto it!!.
Very pleased with car apart from the acceleration, when first starting off. Anyone else got one of these?, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be in the MKs/2b section. Not a petrol head, know nothing about cars. Any known issues with these models?? :)

Hi. And welcome.
Have you had French cars previously..?

Its Possible that some of the normal service things have been missed - as its done such low annual mileage...have you done some really long motorway journeys?
did it behave well ..??

Charlie . Oxford

Hi. And welcome.
Have you had French cars previously..?

Its Possible that some of the normal service things have been missed - as its done such low annual mileage...have you done some really long motorway journeys?
did it behave well ..??

Charlie . Oxford

Hi Charlie
The reason for the low mileage it was an elderly gentleman who owned it, only used it locally, had it serviced every year, I've got all the service history. actually I've done 13,000 miles since May, Been down to Cornwall, up to North Wales on holidays also I'm up and down the M4 every day, love the car apart from the poor acceleration.

Hi Charlie
The reason for the low mileage it was an elderly gentleman who owned it, only used it locally, had it serviced every year

hi,
it should have more than oil + filter every year,
overdue cambelt now, etc

as others said it's probably a Grande Punto,

the little engines struggle a little with such a relatively heavy body, and they do tend to benefit from setting up properly with valve timing / sensors,

get the water pump, idler ,cam-belt checked /changed and a "phonic wheel relearn" to get things running optimally,

there is also the chance that it's still a little "tight" having led an easy life..,

Charlie

Back