Technical Hi newbee 500l diesel oil light prob!em

Currently reading:
Technical Hi newbee 500l diesel oil light prob!em

Sal4070

Hi I have a 500l mpw 1.3 diesel auto had oil changeat 18k miles by Kwikfit change oil lighis still flashing CHANGE OIL and the rec light is flashing bow do you cacel it or should they have reset it when they changed the kills I move the car and am getting 56 MLG av thanks merry Christmas to all

Hi I have a 500l mpw 1.3 diesel auto had oil changeat 18k miles by Kwikfit change oil lighis still flashing CHANGE OIL and the rec light is flashing bow do you cacel it or should they have reset it when they changed the kills I move the car and am getting 56 MLG av thanks merry Christmas to all

Hi, and welcome to FF, :)

YES - with a modern diesel service you have to reset BOTH;

the service light/ countdown,

and the engine oil wear counter / "degradation index"

take it back with your receipt..and get them do do it properly

to be honest - if you've driven it like this for 18,000 miles it may well have cost you money..as it won't have been running optimally,

Charlie - Oxford

Hi, and welcome to FF, :)

YES - with a modern diesel service you have to reset BOTH;

the service light/ countdown,

and the engine oil wear counter / "degradation index"

take it back with your receipt..and get them do do it properly

to be honest - if you've driven it like this for 18,000 miles it may well have cost you money..as it won't have been running optimally,

Charlie - Oxford

Hi Charlie,

I think the original poster meant it was serviced at 18,000 not done 18,000 since.

As for not resetting the oil degradation / service indicator it will continue for so long then the car will go into limp home mode, until they are reset ....hopefully by kwik fit as they serviced it!

If not, multiscan is your next best option.

Ken

On the old Croma if the oil degradation counter is not reset it will not regen the DPF, resulting in real trouble. It seems very few service garages either know about this or have the equipment to do it.
Get Kwikfit to do it or pay to have it done.

Keith

On the old Croma if the oil degradation counter is not reset it will not regen the DPF, resulting in real trouble. It seems very few service garages either know about this or have the equipment to do it.
Get Kwikfit to do it or pay to have it done.

Keith

:yeahthat: it must be reset ASAP and the oil changed again at the same time. Failure to change the oil will result in the degradtion index not matching the oil quality. This can result in an increase in oil level, which could lead to devistating engine runaway!! (n)

[ame]http://youtu.be/ouEN4Nw-GkE[/ame]

Back