New Tipo?

Currently reading:
New Tipo?

Struck me as a bit of a Focus/C'eed/Astra with a Fiat twist. At least the sat' nav' and stuff from the 500 range are there.

This is the bread and butter stuff Fiat used to be good at. I like the return of the Tempra-esque roof lines.

That new Tipo isn't a real looker tbh.

Front end is a cross between a Hyundai & BMW. Back end is okay...side profile is a massive let down really. Interior looked simplistic and cheap.

It'll appeal to some markets, but I don't think it looks like a contender here...

If it is sold in the UK, fingers crossed it's a success! I really wish Fiat could really make their presence felt here. The roads are drowning in dull fords, and other ugly boxes. It's really depressing, lol! We need more Italian style!

UK has never had a good selling fiat above 1242cc - without proper sporting pretensions ( Coupe / Strada 105/130)

yes - you'll have noticed how long ago those models stopped.:eek:

That new Tipo isn't a real looker tbh.

Front end is a cross between a Hyundai & BMW. Back end is okay...side profile is a massive let down really. Interior looked simplistic and cheap.

It'll appeal to some markets, but I don't think it looks like a contender here...

I totally agree with this statement. It's very generic when looked at along side the likes of Hyundai and Kia, even Nissan, the wheels look like they came straight off the Qashqai I had a couple of weeks back.

I also note quite a few controls and switches ripped straight from other fiat models so for current fiat owners it's going to feel very cheap and under developed

UK has never had a good selling fiat above 1242cc - without proper sporting pretensions ( Coupe / Strada 105/130)

yes - you'll have noticed how long ago those models stopped.:eek:

You've forgotten the 1368cc engine popular in the Grande/Evo/Punto and 500, lol! ;)

I know it wouldn't be a best seller, but it would be nice if they at least had a car in the focus/Astra class. It's a shame the Bravo was largely ignored. For a small family car, they looked great!

I totally agree with this statement. It's very generic when looked at along side the likes of Hyundai and Kia, even Nissan, the wheels look like they came straight off the Qashqai I had a couple of weeks back.

I also note quite a few controls and switches ripped straight from other fiat models so for current fiat owners it's going to feel very cheap and under developed

you know this is exactly what miffed me with the new £36k Abarth 695 Biposto ..... the window buttons are the same in my old panda dynamic.....what a con!

I really like the look of the new Tipo, think it actually looks upmarket (odd considering its supposed to be a budget motor!)

Its sort of 'grown on me.' In those 5 years

A local Taxi company uses them now.. might have had a mild facelift?

There's no facelift yet, I believe it's coming at the end of the year, but they do look slightly different depending on spec level, with Lounge having more chrome bits around the front. I've got the S-Design which has piano black bits instead of chrome. In Street Grey with 18" black and chrome wheels it looks pretty good I think. Smart without shouting about it, which suits me fine.

The trouble is that a lot of the colour choices were pretty uninspiring and make it look very dull - the Red's, Silver & Grey's, plus the new 'Mirror Blue' suit it best I think.

Apparently it's been a suprise hit across Europe. Not tonnes here, but I see more than I do of the latest Renault Megane, which is suprising when you think how many Megane's Renault used to shift vs the Stilo & Bravo. A look online suggests the Tipo has consistently beaten the sales figures of the Bravo, so going down the 'cut-price' route with the Tipo may have paid off. Of course we have to factor that it's also effectively replaced the Linea saloon in Europe and some people may have bought Tipo due to lack of Punto, too. But even so for a larger Fiat, it's circa 100,000 annual European sales aren't a bad achievement. Mine's been spot on for the 2 years I've had it from new, with a dodgy DAB antenna the only note-worthy blot on the copybook.

Back