General Replacement of headlight

Currently reading:
General Replacement of headlight

Vuksimo

Dear all,

Since I am very new to all this, I would really appreciate your help!

I just bought som new headlights (please see attached picture), and I was about to install them today on my Fiat Grande Punto.
But somehow I could not grt the old headlight out, it felt like it was stucked behind the front grill.

I just want to be sure, do i seriouslt need to take the whole front of my car off to put my new headlight on, or can it be more easily installed somehow else?

Please please please, give me a guide to how to install the lights, or remove the old ones og remove the front (if this needs to be done).

I have tried to search on google and youtube about how to replace the old headlights with the new, but i did not find any solution for my car :(

Thank you very much in advance!

Br
Boris

Attachments

• 1448217587686.jpg
    1448217587686.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 1448217625716.jpg
    1448217625716.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 38
Hi boris,

I haven't personally changed a headlight unit on a GP, but from previous experiences with Punto's there usually is another bolt at the bottom of the unit, only way to get to them is to remove the bumper.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your quick reply!

Oh damnit... I would be so happy if someone just told me that I didnt need to rempve the bumper... why can such a small thing like a headlight do so much work.. But thanks!

Have a great day mate :)

I need to replace my headlight too. Having the same problem .

After removing 3 bolts including the one below the fuse box, the old headlight assemsbly doesn't come out.
So boris did u had to remove your front bumper?

I too hope there is a easier way.

Hello,

I have changed the headlights myself and you do need to remove the bumper to be able to replace them unfortunately.

Regards.

Dh1995 thanks for confirming that.

And may i ask do i just have to remove the 4 star screws at the front top of the bumper. Or have to do more?

There is a very vague guide on here which sort of shows the locations of them. Careful with the 4 underneath the bumper, as I had to replace the little brackets with the welded nut on as they were rusty and began to break.

Back