General Bonnet replacement..?

Currently reading:
General Bonnet replacement..?

FSJay

Hi folks, having a major headache today as some little arsehole trashed my car during the night so now I'm in need of a new bonnet!!!

Q 1 are the bonnets easy to swap out?
Q 2 how much are they to buy, 2nd hand or new as I can't find any on the web?
Q 3 would anybody like to start a lynch mob?

What to people recommend with regards to in car cameras? Are they worth the money, I work closely with the police so know how perfect footage needs to be for a prosecution for things like this.
Cheers in advance!!

So its turns out after I looked properly, they did go to work on my car!! Where do these vile cretins come from!! ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1447749619.178977.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1447749636.634973.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1447749668.302265.jpg

So its turns out after I looked properly, they did go to work on my car!! Where do these vile cretins come from!! View attachment 161487View attachment 161488View attachment 161489

That's terrible.
Some little cretin when to town on my wing mirror at the weekend.
Got a replacement, its not silver tho, its a greeny bluey silver - fitted it but not happy with the fit around the door rubber and the motor is not working but all connected up fine - argghhhhhhhh.

That's terrible.

Some little cretin when to town on my wing mirror at the weekend.

Got a replacement, its not silver tho, its a greeny bluey silver - fitted it but not happy with the fit around the door rubber and the motor is not working but all connected up fine - argghhhhhhhh.

Was it exposed to rain? Could of blew the fuse?

Don't suppose your from Cheltenham way?

It was raining when I was fitting the mirror (quite bad rain too) but i used the door card to shield the door ecu where the wing mirror connector is (just above the loudspeaker to the left a little).

You say it may have blown a fuse... that's raised an eye brow because i did think of this but there are some buts...

How are the doors fused? my understanding is - each door has an ECU, that controls wing mirror and electric window and the pressure stopper and also central locking - if im right, then a fuse hasnt blown as i can use the electric window and the door locks and unlocks, also the door light (red and white light) is still working...

Nightmare.
Sorry - forget to say, im not in cheltenham, im around west yorkshire, work in Heckmondwike & live in Bradford.

Also, forgot to mention - does the actual connector have a fuse inside it? i could see a brown tab (like mini fuse) but it was solid in colour, not transparent like most fuses, will double check with old mirror tonight.

Back