General ESP/ASR warning

Currently reading:
General ESP/ASR warning

PhilMcK

So got the car back, new gearbox and all other issues sorted, thanks to the directors stepping in and giving the salesman a kicking. (Wilson's of Epsom this is). First proper drive at the weekend and was loving it - till I got the esp/asr warning on the screen and the dash light staying on. Has happened twice now. I read on some of the other models' threads that this can be a problem with the brake pedal switch??

Anyway, question really is.. is this ok to be left for a while (3rd child due any minute and I can't be without the car until after the event!)

Also have the problem with the alarm going off randomly (again seems to be fairly common from what I've read) so will get that looked at at the same time.

To cap it off, thought I'd have a play with the phone, eventually got the sim slot to eject but only about 1mm so had it in the very tips of my fingers. Didn't expect it to come right out, thinking it would stop and promptly dropped the sim holder down the gap in the housing and it has disappeared inside the dashboard somewhere. :bang: I just hope they sell replacements! You've got to laugh.... :)

Aargh at Sim card holder - lets hope it is not £2500 for a NEW unit ;)

The ESP failure is indeed a common trait on the Stilo, and related to the brake pedal switch. Can you confirm whether the brake lights are stuck on without touching the pedal? I would still want this to be checked out by Examiner asap.

Our alarm goes off if I leave the child mirror down. I think the SIM holders were £12-15 as somebody made a post a while ago on another forum.

Or take a trip to the local dealer/car supermarket that is selling a Ulysse with it in, ask to have a look in the car, and pop it out ;) [Did I just type that :spin:]

Thanks guys, am going to see if local dealer can have a quick gander at the esp warning while I wait. Checked the brake lights after the last warning and they weren't staying on.

12 quid sounds better than 2500, though I do like Stu's suggestion :) Given my clumsiness though, I don't think I'd be able to pull it off.

PhilMcK said:
Thanks guys, am going to see if local dealer can have a quick gander at the esp warning while I wait. Checked the brake lights after the last warning and they weren't staying on.

12 quid sounds better than 2500, though I do like Stu's suggestion :) Given my clumsiness though, I don't think I'd be able to pull it off.

You should try Citroen and Peugeot as well, I found the spares and accessories cheaper from Citroen and they are basically the same bits.

No other lights coming on. Wife used the car yesterday with no problems. Have arranged for dealer to have a look on Thursday.

Back