Technical Cabin lights

Currently reading:
Technical Cabin lights

So I got in the car last night and none of the cabin lights came on or was I able to switch them on manually, thought maybe a fuse had blown so torch in hand I looked for where the fuses are situated, which according to the handbook there does not seem to be any listed, the only ones I could find were for the courtesy lights rear left and right, not the main central unit. Anyway down on my hands and knees in the pouring rain trying to locate the fuses and for the life of me I could not find them where it shows in the handbook which is the panel to the right and below of the steering wheel. To be honest it was lashing down and I am not feeling well at the moment so I gave up and thought I would look during the day when the weather is better. When I got into the car today all the cabin lights came on and are working fine. Electrical Gremlin?

Hi there.

I've had this happen to me. It's a courtesy light being left on somewhere, either a door or tailgate partially undone or in my case it was the glove box not shut.

After a while, the courtesy lights seem to automatically turn off if they are left on accidentally via a plunger switch. It then takes an absolute age for them to reset even if you find the one that has been on.

I was caught out by this a year or so ago. I have fitted a hidden 12v socket in the glove box and what happened was that the laptop charger cable didn't allow the glove box to shut completely and the glovebox light was left on. I think it took uo to an hour before they reset again. That's why they worked again in the morning. (y)

I will have to go with that and hope it is right. Hand on heart I can honestly say that there was nothing left on, or that I could see anyway. The glove box rarely gets used so not sure it was that.

It's working fine now so will see how it goes (y)

Just recently purchased a 7month old 500L 1.3 MultiJet AUTOMATIC DIESEL Dualogic Trekking. My interior lights are OK, I think, but have noticed that the stalks are not laminated. Are yours?

A new member, I did not edit message before I Posted it.....Just recently purchased a 7month old 500L 1.3 MultiJet AUTOMATIC DIESEL Dualogic Trekking. My interior lights are OK, I think, but have noticed that the stalks are not illuminated. Are yours
Thanks Steve C

Back