Technical Marea Radio AD182H3 power off

Currently reading:
Technical Marea Radio AD182H3 power off

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

Mamdouh

Hi I just bought Marea SX 2001 saloon, with replaced Radio without driving wheel control , the seller gave me the original Radio and told me it power on without audio sound , I know it could be reason of code while he never heard about !
so when I installed the original radio again , no power ,no light or anything on the display like it is totally dead..
anyone have suggestion to what to check or should i follow a technical process ??
thanks in advance :)

Thank you so much ,back radio fuse is ok,.. I didn't know it has a fuse under the steering wheel , do you have a photo or description how to locate it ? I will check the cervice manual while I'm sure it is not easy job :) also I guess if the replaced one working may the fuse under steering wheel is ok unless the circuits are related to the wheel media control and for sure it must be checked anyway ...thank you again :)

Last edited:
You can test the radio out of car just by applying 12v to the two terminals next to the fuse, lower is negative, upper is positive.
The radio top cover should have sticker with the pinouts (atleast H2 and some other from brava have)

I've had to resolder the LCD connectors as for some reason they had broken on mine. Powering it up without speakers is not an issue atleast with mine as they do not have class-D amplifiers, just normal linear ones.

I tested them just with the two power leads before and after repair.

Good idea to figure out if the issue in Radio itself or the car fuses , thank you

Hi again , I follows Neverth advice, tested the radio with outer 12v supply , the screen lightened but no data or text , just light , is bit normal? it is may a good sign, so I will back to square 1 to find the other fuse under the steering wheel as per Franglais advice , I will continue searching in the manuals and hope to find it :) thank you Sirs :)

Atlest mine show clock when you connect it (no backlight).
Then pressing the volume button turns it on to radio/backlight/etc.

You could try connecting a speaker to it and press number key to get radio/static (these radio can be programmed to set maximum volume level on turnon and it could be set to 0 for no sound?). If there is sound, just the LCD needs resoldering.

If the radio unlock code is set, the LCD should read "SAFE" or something.

Or it could be otherwise broken, no idea.

Hi Neverth, the code may stop any sound option as I guess , now it is powered in the car with same issue with lightened screen without info or any sound signals which may means incoding is required behind that blank screen , so I will see how to clean and re-soldering the screen connection.. if you have a guide for this job I guess you will not hesitate to provide . thanks

Resoldering the LCD is easy if its anything like H2. You just need to take the front plastic off.

Two yellow torx on top and two on the underside, then take the black torx screws holding the two metal bit blocking the plastic clips from coming out on the underside (you need to remove the two metal springs used to lock the radio to the dash as they are under them).

Then just unclip the plastic and tilt it and you see the backside of display/button board. Take 3 torx screws out that hold the cardboard insulator and you might need to cut the cardboard to get it out (the board stays in place, just dont use too much force on buttons). Now you see the LCD connector, use iron to heat it up and add some solder with flux.

If you didn't take out any connectors you can test it while it is open.

Hi ,after many tries of soldering and cleaning , testing ...I send it to radio technician,and after 2 days have been told the chip is dead and don't think in replacing Grunding spare parts,forget it and buy another used one!
So at the end I just bought used one and the subject is closed,
Thanks to everyone helped with valuable time
Appreciate all what have been done to me from great people tried to help

Thank you again

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back