Free Parental Controls for W8.1 Pro x64?

Currently reading:
Free Parental Controls for W8.1 Pro x64?

I have recently aquired a desktop system and it's running Windows 8.1 Pro x64.

The plan is to vinyl wrap the case and aquire some girly coloured input devices and speakers etc for the smaller version of my wife that seems to like hanging around in my house.

ive never had to worry about any parental controls before as, so far, i havent been conditioned by any of the local toe-rags. the wife is WAAAAY more tetchy about the little one being safe online than i am because quite frankly i live in a little bubble. anyway i suppose the responsible thing to do as a parent is to at least lessen the chance of anything untoward happening.

since theres a lot of you out there that are IT guys/girls and *probably* more seasoned parents than I, I was wondering if any of you can recommend some free Parental controls/keyloggers. i always end up realy indecisive from google searches. i want to be able lock internet access down really hard both in IE and Chrome. to the point of having an allow list for both browsers, and on top of this i would like to be able to monitor exactly what the little one is doing via key loggers.

neither the wife or myself are paranoid/suffocating parents, and we will be letting the "mini me" know that we have put restrictions on it and the reasons why, but at the same time you have to be able to give them a bit of, at least percieved, freedom.

the native child security in 8.1 seems to be good at locking down access to files/programs and preventing installs/modifications/deletions without Admin passwords but past this, im affraid i feel like im at a bit of a loss.

ive waffled on for long enough as an opening post so ill let you guys take the floor.

this seems to be the 'native' security that i mentioned (Microsoft Family Safety), i think windows update may have installed it for me!

seems like a good piece of kit to be fair, ill be doing a bit of testing before i let the daughter on it anyway as im planning to give her the computer for xmas.

this seems to be the 'native' security that i mentioned (Microsoft Family Safety), i think windows update may have installed it for me!

seems like a good piece of kit to be fair, ill be doing a bit of testing before i let the daughter on it anyway as im planning to give her the computer for xmas.

Yeah, just test and make sure it does what you want. As Chris said - set up is important.

Equally make sure it won't hamper your browsing. Our mobile parental controls stop me visiting some perfectly SFW sites, because of the text on them.

this machine os solely for the little one, ive got a better spec'd desktop and laptop soo im not fussed, it wont ruin my browsing experience ;)

so far im quite impressed with how secure it seems to be.

Back