Technical Management light comes on but node codes stored

Currently reading:
Technical Management light comes on but node codes stored

bendyknees

Hi guys. First post so bare with me if I have missed something mentioned before. I have done some reading but just want to make sure before I go tinkering any further.
So I bought a cheap ( well I thought it was) multipla the other day . A 2003 1.9 jtd. everything works and it drives quite nicely for a bargain basement motor. but it has a couple of minor faults.
It drives and accelerates smoothly but if you boot it in 3rd gear it gets to about 3250 rpm and the management light comes on for a few seconds,and the motor drops its boost, then if you lift off or change gear the light goes off again and you able to drive again as normal. I plugged my code reader in but it came back as no faults stored..... So I read through here and did the remove maf sensor, same same. Then I blanked off the egr, better bottom end but still same 3rd gear fault.
So from my further reading I am guessing that its the coked up turbo on the variable vanes that is the issue. but why would it only present the problem in 3rd gear??? Surely the max boost is the same no matter what gear you are in. You can hold it in 4th with your foot to the floor and it will quite happily go from 1200rpm all the way to the limiter without issue.
the other 2 issues I have are the noisy front wipers, need to grease the balljoints on the link bar I think, and a slight musty eggy smell. I have a nasty feeling it might be overcharging, but I haven't got round to putting my multimeter on it yet. That's tomorrows job if I get a chance.

But if anyone has any advice on my management light issue I would be more than happy to accept it.

The ugly ducking is growing on me, and nowhere near as minging as when I first set eyes on them!! the mrs loves it, and my lad loves it even more as we can all sit in the front.

ok so it does it in 4th gear as well......... the light still goes off though.

That was my job for saturday morning. I have read a lot about the variable vanes sticking on the turbos. I was going to investigate this as well. seems a likely suspect on what is really a school run motor. not likely to have been thrashed often......i hope

Think its fixed!!!

The arm had come off from the variable vane to the diaphragm!! But I also removed the MAP sensor and threw it in my ultrasonic cleaner for a bit. car runs as sweet as ever with no warning lights on dash. YAY:slayer:
Now I can throw a few quid at her, cam belt, service, tracking ect...
The multipla is really growing on me. Just wish I could get the remote key fob paired without going to poxy fiat dealer......... From what I hear my local dealer is run by a right bunch of bar stewards.... :bang:

Back