General UConnect 5.0 Radio Off, Nav On?

Currently reading:
General UConnect 5.0 Radio Off, Nav On?

RobM78

Hi All,

So we picked up my Wife's brand new Fiat 500 on Thursday. Facelift model with Leather, Climate Control, TFT and UConnect 5.0 with Nav.

All good so far except for one thing - in order for the UConnect unit to be on, you have to press the on/off switch in the middle of the volume control. This brings the unit on in radio mode. If I want nav then I have to press the nav hard key on the unit. But the radio is still on as well. Anyone got any idea how I can have just the Nav on - ie without the radio on. The only workaround I can see is to mute the radio - there doesn't actually seem to be any option to switch it off?

I had the same problem (but different car). I solved it by selecting "DAB", which makes the radio disable itself (since there are no digital stations around here), then I can use the rest of uconnect (nav, etc) without the radio on.

Hi All,

So we picked up my Wife's brand new Fiat 500 on Thursday. Facelift model with Leather, Climate Control, TFT and UConnect 5.0 with Nav.

All good so far except for one thing - in order for the UConnect unit to be on, you have to press the on/off switch in the middle of the volume control. This brings the unit on in radio mode. If I want nav then I have to press the nav hard key on the unit. But the radio is still on as well. Anyone got any idea how I can have just the Nav on - ie without the radio on. The only workaround I can see is to mute the radio - there doesn't actually seem to be any option to switch it off?

I asked the dealer about this. As a workaround he suggested I push the Media hard key, select an input that I don't use (eg Aux or SD Card). Then when the radio starts automatically I can just hit the Media button to turn the radio off. However, Fiat needs to introduce some means of turning the radio off while leaving UConnect on. Maybe the designers just assumed we would hit the mute button if we didn't want the radio playing. I am not sure if that mutes other functions in addition to the radio eg are spoken directions on the sat nav also muted if this feature is enabled in the settings? Have you tested this?

Last edited:
Back