Technical start stop causing power failure while driving!

Currently reading:
Technical start stop causing power failure while driving!

jamieeast

Hi all. Newbie here at the end of my tether. 2014 500L MPW (dualogic) been in and out of the garage all year, starting to lose my mind. Garages are "unable" to replicate the issue, but it happens to both my wife and I.

Simply put, we drive along at no great speed, and the car seems to lose power, cannot accelerate, displays various messages such as "check engine", "start stop unavailable", "dst failure" or "transmission failure".

This happens about 3 times a week and is pretty dangerous.

The dealer is unable to replicate it apparently and nothing is showing on any log file.

Has anyone else experienced this?!!

Last edited:
Hi all. Newbie here at the end of my tether. 2014 500L MPW (dualogic) been in and out of the garage all year, starting to lose my mind. Garages are "unable" to replicate the issue, but it happens to both my wife and I.

Simply put, we drive along at no great speed, and the car seems to lose power, cannot accelerate, displays various messages such as "check engine", "start stop unavailable", "dst failure" or "transmission failure".

This happens about 3 times a week and is pretty dangerous.

The dealer is unable to replicate it apparently and nothing is showing on any log file.

Has anyone else experienced this?!!

Hi, and welcome to FF, :)

:idea: I'm sure I've seen similar posted before,
what engine in your vehicle..??

FYI - you can use ANY FIAT dealer for Warranty work,
I would go elsewhere for a 2nd opinion.., ;)

Charlie - Oxford

Back