Technical P2002 Code and DPF won't Regen

Currently reading:
Technical P2002 Code and DPF won't Regen

grollie

I have a 55 plate Fiat Croma 1.9 150 Multijet with new DPF its done 120.000 miles and i keep getting Fault light on. I have a Snap on Various (Usless) and i get code P2002 and limp mode. tried regen holding 4th at 70 MPH 3000Rpm it won't regen for 1/2 hour. I'm seriously thinking on Taking it off and putting straight bit of pipe and finding an ECU place that maybe able to take out that function on the ECU? Car been seviced 4000 miles ago. I live in Brum. Any ideas? :confused:

Could this be another Oil Degradation counter not reset?
When the oil is changed the service mileage should be reset, also the little known and more important oil degradation.
This will stop all regens after 24000 mles if not reset and many garages are not able to do this.

All error codes at:

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-145-andamp-146/119100-obd-ii-codes.html

but not p2002

Keith

Thanks for reply

How can this be checked that the oil degradation has been done. We did do a service reset with my mates Launch. But we haven't got it at moment. I did get Fiat scan 16 free off GravilleB but cannot get it to work with an old ELM 327 that is working on a Windows 7 Laptop.

Thanks for reply

How can this be checked that the oil degradation has been done. We did do a service reset with my mates Launch. But we haven't got it at moment. I did get Fiat scan 16 free off GravilleB but cannot get it to work with an old ELM 327 that is working on a Windows 7 Laptop.

where are you / the car based..,

Charlie - Oxford

i will have a play with multiscan 15 tomorrow as i have a newer Elm 327 and a VAG com

tried a fiatscan 1.6 with VAG COM interface to delete oil says it's busy so dint know whether it done or not? Cannot do a regeneration using it says not done.

Tried another laptop on it all i get is failed to execute for oil and DPF Regen (n)

Thanks for reply dave. I've got car sorted. I registered multiecuscan 26 and reset service/oil and then did a forced regeneration. I took car out for an hour on motorway and A roads and no limp mode or management light so thanks again for all replies as in another thread a happy croma owner

I know this is an old post but I've had a similar problem, my local garage has cleared the oil service indicator with a snap on obd reader but it keeps triggering the EMS light so I can't get anywhere near the motorway to regenerate... I'm in Nottingham...

What is the code that it is coming up with?
The car won't often be able to regen when there the a fault code active
You'd likely need to fix the fault first before the regent can take place

I know this is an old post but I've had a similar problem, my local garage has cleared the oil service indicator with a snap on obd reader but it keeps triggering the EMS light so I can't get anywhere near the motorway to regenerate... I'm in Nottingham...
I thought I managed to reset oil and service with my snap on but ended up using multiecuscan to do it. You can regen using this program.

Hi.
Did they do the oil change?

As THEY should have reset the parameters also..

Common issue with small garages.. :(

They charge to do a job.. but cannot do it properly due to lack of kit or knowledge ..means the owner has to do all the remedial work.

Charlie

Connect to the ECU using mes and see what the oil degeredation is at. If the it's been reset properly the oil will show 95% or thereabouts which is good. It will also show something like 20,000kms to next change.

Full mes can force a regen but the exhaust gets very hot so be careful where you do it.

Back