Off Topic A new 5 door Punto evo abarth !?

Currently reading:
Off Topic A new 5 door Punto evo abarth !?

AndyRKett

Distinguished member
Came up in my YouTube feed.

The apparently new Punto Evo Abarth.

[ame]http://youtu.be/RXPUQorXQiU[/ame]

Ok so it's not coming to the UK, but It's a really well balanced review, and highlights a lot of the problems that fiat faces.

What I found most interesting is the relatively poor performance for a small 143bhp car it only just scrapes in under 10s 0-60
It's also bizarre to see a 5 door abarth anything.

Reminds me very much of the Corsa black, another 1.4 t supermini with performance that is far more average than you'd expect. Perhaps the weight of the platform they share has something to do with it. They do 0-60 in around the same time as a 100bhp Suzuki swift...that's just not right somewhere maybe the gearing is borked.

Came up in my YouTube feed.

The apparently new Punto Evo Abarth.

http://youtu.be/RXPUQorXQiU

Ok so it's not coming to the UK, but It's a really well balanced review, and highlights a lot of the problems that fiat faces.

What I found most interesting is the relatively poor performance for a small 143bhp car it only just scrapes in under 10s 0-60
It's also bizarre to see a 5 door abarth anything.

I must admit, I'm surprised you don't see more 5 door hot hatches.

With regards to the output, does India suffer poor quality fuel? Bearing in mind the UK spec Abarth had 155 bhp in standard form, and 180 for the Essessee.

Last edited:
I got to be honest and say I'm not a fan. I don't like the grill and it doesn't seem very "abarthized" other the the 143bhp engine (which doesn't seem very quick). It just looks like a 5 door punto with alloys and an abarth sticker (n) fiat need to try harder i'ld say

When I saw the grille, it made me think of Peugeot for some reason.

Needs to get another 100bhp on top of that to be a contender. I think Fiat and Abarth are going to have a hard time. If it wasn't for the 500 selling like hot cakes they'd already be screwed!

I'm inclined to agree 220hp seems to be the current range for a half decent hot hatch.

Although fiat sell a bucket load of cars in Italy and a few Eastern European countries their sales in other markets were terrible and fiat where trying to get GM to buy them out of the hole they were in. Since the 500 things have gone from strength to strength, however it's the same mistake lotus made with the Elise and when demand dropped they weren't able to respond quickly enough and now despite all those years of success lotus struggles day to day to keep going.

That looks horrendous! Fiat might as well market this car as a monster truck with ride height that high.

Back