Technical 500X Cross Plus UConnect Fuel Range Error

Currently reading:
Technical 500X Cross Plus UConnect Fuel Range Error

I've have reported via my dealer a Product Engineering *minor* issue with the UConnect system on the above model. With a little luck Fiat will fix the issue.

Details:

The car's dash Trip info on reset will show a Range of 425 miles. However the UConnect system shows a range of 619 miles. In all other respects the Trip A, Trip B and Instantaneous fuel figures match.

Dealer has confirmed the discrepancy :)

Bottom line - ignore the UConnect *Range* mileage on the Cross Plus 1.4 MultiAir II model otherwise you may find yourself out of fuel :cry:

If you have a diesel Multijet version then it would be interesting to see what figures/discrepancy you have (if any)?

I have a 1,6 Multijet and can't recall the issue.

I've have reported via my dealer a Product Engineering *minor* issue with the UConnect system on the above model. With a little luck Fiat will fix the issue.

Details:

The car's dash Trip info on reset will show a Range of 425 miles. However the UConnect system shows a range of 619 miles. In all other respects the Trip A, Trip B and Instantaneous fuel figures match.

Dealer has confirmed the discrepancy :)

Bottom line - ignore the UConnect *Range* mileage on the Cross Plus 1.4 MultiAir II model otherwise you may find yourself out of fuel :cry:

If you have a diesel Multijet version then it would be interesting to see what figures/discrepancy you have (if any)?

Hi what BHP have have you got in your 1.4 cross plus multiair II model,thanks

Last edited:
i have same problem with my popstar 1.4.. been to dealer maybe 7 times they said they reset the screen but problem is still there.and i think they didn't check after reset.and now its not only uconnect screen led screen is shows problem 2 dot petrol but it has no mileage range.. i think they have electrical issue and these start after 3-4k miles

did you or dealer fix that problem?? probably answer is NOOOO...Because they don't know what it calls this problem and mine freeze few times and several times wanted code.. but still fuel range is wrong same like yours..
One of the Fiat mechanic said probably needs new screen or electrical issue but he never seen before..If your dealer fix that could you please let me know how,
Thank you

Well I've not officially followed up with the dealer since posting / reporting the "Range" discrepancy. However talking to the Senior/Master Technician at the garage who had just come back from a 500X training course this issue was mentioned (I assume as one of the issues a customer may bring up) so Fiat are aware. As for when and how they fix the discrepancy who know.

If I get a definitive answer / and or a resolution-fix then I post back.

I have the same issue on my 1.6, hopefully by the time of my 12k service there will be a fix.

Probably they can't fix because they don't know what is the problem.But we need to tell dealers and share on here maybe they can hear us and who knows they can fix it.But after all these problem i ll give this car back.today 2 times it asked code again(anti thief code)..for me, enough with 500x..

Last edited:
yes for radio. and 3 times it happened in same day before go to service and they seen.And next day it happened again..
Fiat deffo needs to look this problem/s
Freeze or black screen( u can find one video on youtube)
Wants anti thief code (5 times now)
Range calculate wrong ..
probably time to give this car back to dealer.because mine was suffer more problems.Just they fix the brakes pads after 5 month..

I called to dealer today but they reply little late.
Some dealer has new machine/software for fix Uconnect problems you need to contact with them.Sadly mine ordered new machine but they don't know when it will arrive..
Maybe yours has that machine for fix(anti-thief/range/and may any other problems)

Back