Technical Fiat Punto // New headunit help

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Punto // New headunit help

Hi Guys,

I've noticed that the headunit isnt the normal size obviously, I can buy the fascia plate but I'm not sure how a smaller radio will fit etc

Has anyone done this already and have any advice etc?

Thanks!

Double dins don't fit unfortunately without some serious modifications to the dash. I've fitted a high quality single din and really happy with it.
There is 2 or 3 stereos from china that have a screen and are made especially for the punto however I'm not sure on the quality of them if you are wanting a good sound.

Double dins don't fit unfortunately without some serious modifications to the dash. I've fitted a high quality single din and really happy with it.
There is 2 or 3 stereos from china that have a screen and are made especially for the punto however I'm not sure on the quality of them if you are wanting a good sound.

Is it as simple as buy the fascia and slide a single in?

Yeah pretty much,
I had a bit of a struggle as I had 3 sets of rca leads and a control box so I could keep my blue and me and steering controls functional.
I found taking the trim down each side of the centre console made it easier as you could feed the wires down too

Yeah pretty much,
I had a bit of a struggle as I had 3 sets of rca leads and a control box so I could keep my blue and me and steering controls functional.
I found taking the trim down each side of the centre console made it easier as you could feed the wires down too

Ah ok good! I need to get a headunit with a sub output to make things easier!

A mate has decided to give me all of his old speakers and sub etc and fit them for me!!

I just need to get the headunit sorted for him, where did you get your fascia plate from?

Back