Grande Punto Sudden multiple electical faults

Currently reading:
Grande Punto Sudden multiple electical faults

lawriew

My daughters 09 Grande Puntos electrics have suddenly and out of the blue started playing up. Yesterday, withought warning the electric windows stopped working, 2/3 breaklights stuck on, city light stuck on and intermittent ignition problem. A garage said it could be an ECU issue but why would this effect the windows and lights?

Check the cars earths via the guides/faq section. Id look at the battery earth first.

Also check the engine bays fuse box for water.

Last edited:
Well for anyone who reads this, it seems that it is an "MS Windows" software issue. So its booked in to have a software update.

Last edited:
Cant see how that would make the electronics problematic. It may fix the blue and me issue. Did you figure out what was causing the other issues?

Being honest i thought the same as you, so before it goes in i am going to try and have a look along the wiring loom to see if there is any water getting in somewhere less obvious as i still like the suggestion of water as the cause.

@lawriew let us know how you get on. Also if get a chance before you go get the battery's voltage checked. Low voltage causes loads of issue with the gp's. The voltage should be at around 12.5v (with car turned off). If its below 12v then your battery isn't working properly. Also check the alternator to see what that's giving (should be around 13-14v). This should be done with the car running.

Last edited:
Back