Blue and Me weird behaviour and wont connect to TomTom Live 2

Currently reading:
Blue and Me weird behaviour and wont connect to TomTom Live 2

drm08

Hi Guys!

I'm back after about a 6 year absence and I'm sad to say that the white mk2 in the signature is long gone :( However, I am very happy to say that I just got a new Punto (2015) 15 Plate Easy+ in white with B&M and TomTom etc.

A few years ago I had a 2013 Punto with Blue and Me (no TomTom) which worked as I expected. As soon as the ignition was switched on, the bluetooth would connect and you could use the steering wheel buttons to make or take calls and browse the menu on the cluster display.

This new model doesn't allow the phone to connect, or any of the steering wheel buttons to work, unless the actual radio/stereo head unit is switched on. This seems like incorrect behaviour to me, and it doesn't make sense since the old one didn't do that.

However, the main issue, and I am thinking that it may be related, is that it will not connect to my TomTom. The B&M system will not pair with the TomTom, even though it does pair with my phone (only when stereo is on).

I have tried disconnecting the battery for 15 mins - no change. I have tried following the procedure for updating B&M firmware through the USB port and it simply does nothing when the stick is inserted. The port itself works because it can play music via media player, but when i insert the stick with the update (or rather, the assisted set up files to download the version type etc from the car before downloading the actual update), absolutely nothing happens when i switch on the ignition. I believe it is supposed to say UPDATE STARTED or something to that effect.

Can anyone confirm if the system only working with the stereo unit on is expected normal behaviour for a very new version of the system? (mine has built in A2DP streaming capability, so I know it's significantly different to my 2013 model.)

Also, any idea why it won't pair with TomTom?

The dealer is confused because they showed me that their Pop+ demonstrator behaves in exactly the same way (albeit it doesnt have the TomTom).

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks
Daniel

New Punto's do not have Blue & me. The Bluetooth function is provided by the radio unit itself, and is not compatible with the tomtom units for the blue & Me pairing. Hope this helps.

Hey,

Thanks for the response. This is what i have come to realise from my dealer, much to my disappointment.

My problem is, the car was advertised with Blue&Me and the TomTom Sat nav. The brochure and the website even show pictures of the tomtom working when paired.

The question now is, have i been mis sold the car and should i be seeking compensation? The Blue&Me tomtom was one of the reasons i purchased the car and is worth £300. But i am now being told that it cant do virtually anything it is supposed to, making it worth only around £70.

I feel FIAT have sold me this car on misleading information.

What does everyone think?

I think if that's the case then, and you have hard copy's of brochure, then take it with up with Fiat Uk. Its not really the dealers fault, as they can only go off the information given to them. Cars change all the time, and sometimes the books provided even with new cars, do not match up with the cars spec inside.

Back