Technical Engaging headlight motors MW 1.9 JTD

Currently reading:
Technical Engaging headlight motors MW 1.9 JTD

g8jvm

Hi
just changed the O/S headlight adjuster motor
Its down flush with the mounting, and I can hear it turning when I change the setting,
BUT the headlight is not moving.
Sorta working blind fitting it as as soon as you hand goes in the gap to get at it , you can;t see what your doing.

Is there a trick to getting it engaged ???
thanks
Richard

Did you hear the plastic stem of the motor click into place, before you tightened the 2 fixing screws as it does need a firm push to connect to the headlamp

Also i emember I removed one of the bulbs to get a better grip on reflector while pushing motor into place, remember not to touch bulb with hands if you remove a bulb and use clean piece of paper towel when handlingtthe bulb.

Last edited:
Yup your right it hadn't clicked in.
the problem is just pushing in until it clicks wont work as the clips on the reflector just got push forward.
I found that at the top of the enclosure you can feel the reflector and holding that was enough to get it engaged.
I did manage to do it with the headlight in situ, but lifting the expansion tank out of the way and undoing the to clip on the washer bottle.
Just enough space to get my arm thru the gap by the bonnet catch Luckily the near side
still functions.
thanks
Richard

Back