Technical Clutch Problem

Currently reading:
Technical Clutch Problem

tanzhunk

Hi,

I have a Fiat Linea 1.3 multijet diesel car, it has run 46,000 KMs till now, the problem from a month which I am facing is, whenever the car is cold (on start-up), I m able to shift all the gears with ease, after sometime when the engine gets little heat up say after half an hour run, it gets little harder to shift to 1st gear, the problem gets bigger when I need to shift it to reverse it makes a huge noise and makes it really hard to shift.

The alternate solution which I see, is turn of the engine shift to reverse gear and then turn it on to reverse park the car.

I went to show it to near by garage, he says it is because of Clutch plate, but when I went through online I see the below findings.

Condition
Fails to Release (Pedal pressed
to floor. Shift lever does not move
freely in and out of reverse gear.

Probable Cause
a. Improper linkage adjustment.
b. Improper pedal travel.
c. Loose linkage.
d. Faulty pilot bearing.
e. Faulty driven disc.
f. Fork off ball stud.
g. Clutch disc hub binding on clutch gear
spline.
h. Clutch disc warped or bent.
i. Loose pivot rings in cover assembly.

Correction
a. Adjust linkage.
b. Trim bumper stop and adjust linkage.
c. Replace as necessary.
d. Replace bearing.
e. Replace disc.
f. Install fork onto stud. Lightly lubricate
fingers at release bearing. Also lube
bearing I.D. groove.
g. Repair or replace clutch gear
and/or disc.
h. Replace disc (runout should not
exceed 0.020″).
i. Replace plate and cover assembly.

Please provide me your expertise advise on this.

Thanks.

I have clutch problems on my car all the garages said it needs the clutch replacing

Clutch was replaced and then had problems with the pedal sticking to floor, bled it twice and still no luck, so had a new slave and master cylinder installed. I had a look at the old clutch and it's barely worn slight bit on the bearing so I think it just needed the slave cylinder replacing

Hello ,

I have very recently acquired a Linea Emotion which has done about 24000KMs (7 yr old vehicle ). I too was advised to change the Clutch plate and was given a reason that did not explain or justify the damage .

I am now told that the warranty is only for 15K kms .

- Is this problem very common and does the company not take any accountability on the quality of the product.
- Will a single person driven car cause this damage .
- What are the other problems I can expect as a consequence of the Clutch problem.

Manoj

Hello ,

I have very recently acquired a Linea Emotion which has done about 24000KMs (7 yr old vehicle ). I too was advised to change the Clutch plate and was given a reason that did not explain or justify the damage .

I am now told that the warranty is only for 15K kms .

- Is this problem very common and does the company not take any accountability on the quality of the product.
- Will a single person driven car cause this damage .
- What are the other problems I can expect as a consequence of the Clutch problem.

Manoj

Hi Manoj, :)

IF treated badly a clutch friction plate can be wrecked in 6,000 KM's, it is a wear and tear component.., like brakes;)

so - what exactly is the issue with your car, in service..??

FYI - we had 2 x clutches in @10,000 miles free of charge from FIAT due to "judder", the material failing to "bed-in" correctly.

Charlie - Oxford - UK

Back