Technical Back brake to be changed early imply disc damaged

Currently reading:
Technical Back brake to be changed early imply disc damaged

siecle21

2003 Stilo 1.6 Dynamic

The back brake need already to be changed and i have made only 28 000 km (in the book they said to change at 40 000 km !).

And the back disc was also damaged. [xx(]

My dealer obliged me to pay for the new one (the brake and the disc). I think it's a defect in back brake because i don't have reach 40 000 km revision. At least i don't want to pay for the both discs. [:(!]

They say that brake and disc are not in guarantee.

Any opinion and relative problem ?

Did your brakes use to whistle or anything strange before you go to your dealer?

Dec2002 - 5D 80 Fiat Stilo Dynamic Metal. Loden Green ASR/MSR/Brake Assist - Dual Zone Climate - Comfort Pack

Typically, if a brake squeals the worn brake indicator signals a change is needed. If squealing brakes are not changed this could result in grinding.Grinding usually indicates your brake pads or shoes are completely worn. Grinding is the result of worn brake linings rubbing against the rotor or drum.But Stilo has pads sensors and you would be informed so the next thought is that you had faulty rotor(disc).

Dec2002 - 5D 80 Fiat Stilo Dynamic Metal. Loden Green ASR/MSR/Brake Assist - Dual Zone Climate - Comfort Pack

athanasie i dunno if the worn brake pad indicators necessarily work cause i remember when i had my punto whenever i connected the cable it always came off personally i believe it depends on the person. a person like me who drives semi aggresively and abuse the brakes :p i would say i change brakes about every 7-9 months

1.6 silver dynamic 3d with skywindow and silver rims.

This is Stilo not Punto:p:p:p i have seen the worn brake pad light in action believe me:p:p:D

Back