Technical Need help with my fiat grande punto

Currently reading:
Technical Need help with my fiat grande punto

Tomwingrove

Hello I have a grande pinto with a few problems wondering what to do sell or keep

Its a 1.6td 120bhp or more (0-60 = 7 seconds) no mods that I know of.

So rad is leaking anti freeze and oil, (how to replace please) n.b I know rads do not have oil but its coming from there

Intercooler is bent plus fins damaged, replace with standard asap or get a 65mm deep one

Radio screen is broken dose any one have one they have taken out, I could buy cheap please

Disks and pads need to be replaced shove it in a garage or spend 200 for groved and drilled disks with pads and replace myself I think they fit the 1.4 t-jet

And mods what are the best to do

Many thanks

I would be more worried that antifreeze and oil are mixing, I would be making sure they're leaking from the same place, as for replacing chances it's a bumper off jobby same with the intercooler

Not sure about the brakes from a tjet fitting although I don't see why not, £200 seems a bit steep though

Could you tell me the best way to check please because I have removed my under tray and I can't see where the leak is coming from because it leaks sometimes but when it leaks its under the rad only oil but my antifreeze go's missing once a week fill it up car never overheats just gets to minimum mark and stays there

And is there a fault with the gearboxes because on changing down to 3rd it likes to pop out off gear doesn't sit right every other gear is fine

200 is steap???? I had a Saxo 1.6 vtr and a 307 xsi (2.0 petrol) and disk and pads for each was 300 so I'm scared off taking this one in because of the cost.

Money is tight in my house I know it is for most but my fiancée can't work due too having knees that dislocate and a broken back

Last edited:
Oil leak could be from anywhere have you looked in top of engine bay, rocker cover etc,

Antifreeze disappearing could be leaking from a burst hose, the radiator or worse the headgasket

BTW these are only guesses, if I were you I'd get to a garage and get it checked over

Its a 1.6td 120bhp or more (0-60 = 7 seconds) no mods that I know of.

Interesting- I thought the fastest standard GP to 60 was the T-jet which clocked at just under 9. Quick poke online specs the 1.6 multijet at just over 9.5s to 60.

Are you sure no one's had quite a serious fiddle with the engine?

Hello yeah I'm sure got a video of it and a 0-60 tracker and it happen loads of times not just once there has only been two owners me and a old lady I haven't done anything to this car never needed to and why would an old lady want that sort of power

Attachments

• 1433760107190.jpg
    1433760107190.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 54
Fiat are known to be conservative as hell with the 0-60 times. Fiat say the T-Jet does 8.9 to 60, but on wet roads and a crap launch I got 8.1. Dry, and with the mods mines now got I reckon low 7's is doable.

New Orleans blue S2 GP T-Jet.
Mods are:
Custom Cat-back with twin tip exit!
Remap soon!

Back