General Heated Windscreen?

Currently reading:
General Heated Windscreen?

Anyone ever looked into this for a Panda, it would be a great addition for winter Panda'ing, or rather for just general British wet weather Panda'ing?

If its just a silly idea, where do folk get windscreens from for a Panda to fit yourself/garage?

Ta
Michael

Possible but would cost fortune to implement in to manufacturing process. Heating element would need to be moulded into the glass at the begining of the prod proccess.

I do use 1:10 solution of kid shampoo with water, applied to inside of the w/s ones a month by spay bottle and cloth. Go to nearest polish shop and as for BAMBI kid hair shampoo 250ml bottle costs less than £2. Will last for ages.

Last edited:
I'm sure it would cost quite a bit more than normal but I know they are fairly common place in racing. I knew someone that raced a 106 with one and a guy at work has one on his classic mini. Haha although your home brew anti fog would be cheaper!

if its really really frosted up, i stick a old "heated seat mat" over the windscreen (found it in the scrap yard). i have it on a remote switch to turn it on from in the house. its only 12v and just has a simple heating element with no electronics so if it gets wet nothing will short.

just make sure you have a good battery lol

Thanks, its not something that I can use to keep the screen clear from moisture whilst driving. This was just a wild idea anyway, the screen is coming out whilst the cars at the body shop (i'm not a welder) so I was thinking about replacing the screen and then the idea of replacing it with a heated screen came into my head.

I have spoken with http://www.heatedwindscreen.com/ and they have said they can do it as a one off as it is a flat screen, cost would be £305+VAT, a lot more than the £120 it costs for a Defender heated screen. If there was 5 of us that wanted one the price would come down to £200+VAT.

I imagine a Punto alternator would be required.

Anyway its not really a go'er. Any idea where I can get a standard brand new screen from for the Panda anyway?

Thanks

An independent windscreen place in Halifax quoted me £90 fitted if you're up this way.

I'd like a heated screen, very handy for those short commutes when wet but I'm really irritated by the wiggly lines in the mk4's screen which are always visible.

Perhaps the answer is to leave the car running with heater on full for 5 minutes when the weather dictates it, I also pour watering cans worth of hot water (from the tap not the kettle!) around the windows which helps keep them clearer longer too.

Last edited:
Back