General Our new (to us) 500S in Electronica Blue !

Currently reading:
General Our new (to us) 500S in Electronica Blue !

antst200

We picked (I say we, it's my other halfs car!) up the car on Tuesday from a Fiat dealer in Tamworth, Staffs. I've already washed and polished it even though it came fully valeted (probably by a work experience guy by the looks of it!)

Thought I'd take it out for a couple of photos tonight, then for a quick run, it's a great car, only a 1.2 engine but it's fun to drive. Hope you like the pictures, the sunset was a bonus!
car small.jpg

car-2 small.jpg

Cheers, it really is a fun car to drive, I wasn't too sure when she first said she wanted one but I'm glad we have it now! Any one know the best place (other than a main Fiat dealer) to get front spot lights from? I'm not bothered about getting them working straight away I just think cosmetically they look great!

Love this blue. I know what you mean though, until you've done your polish and protect its not your car! It also helps you get familiar with every mark on it and helps plan any touch up's needed. I appreciate the nice pics too :)

Cheers guys, it's been washed with Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax, hand dried then had Auto Glym Super Resin Polish applied with Auto Glym's Extra Gloss Protection to finish.

When we first saw the car at the Fiat dealers it was actually being used as the demo car but my other half fell in love with the colour and interior and really wanted it. The only issues it had were that one of the alloys was scuffed and there were a couple of scratches on the car, we were told these would be sorted along with the alloy wheel repaired or replaced (it's a 64 reg with only 5k on the clock). Came to pick it up a week later (as they said we'd have to wait for the guy to come fix the wheel and the scratches) and they said as we got them down on the price they weren't willing to fix the alloy wheel, they did the scratches (but not very well!) We drove home and had a discussion on the way that we were going to speak to them regarding these issues as this wasn't mentioned when the paper work was signed. We also mentioned if they didn't fix the wheel why did we have to wait a week, which made the sales guy a bit red faced and he apologised saying his boss made the decision....hmmmmm.

An email was sent the next day by the missus and after a bit of back and forth they have agreed to fix the wheel and re do the scratches. (my other half writes very persuasive emails!!) We also mentioned that the valet wasn't up to standard, bit let down by the level of service but love the car!!! I keep finding excuses to take it out instead of my own, Ha!

As for the pictures, no photo shopping I just adjusted the contrast, highlights shadows etc but nothing else, when ever you take a picture with any camera and get the RAW image it's pretty flat and needs a bit of TLC !. I'm a full time professional photographer so any excuse to take pictures really!!

Cheers for that staffordmike, I've had a look and I'll probably contact Fiat get the part No and see if it's the same! I'm going to need the surrounding bezel as well!

Back