Technical Start Stop not working and EML coming on.

Currently reading:
Technical Start Stop not working and EML coming on.

iianducato

From new two years ago my van has had a recurring problem of the orange EML light coming on as the words 'STOP, Check engine oil' scroll across the display followed by 'Start stop Unavailable'. The start stop refuses to work quite often but when it does it is spot on for a few days then plays up again. StoneAcre in Doncaster have told me there is no fix and to ignore the Engine Management Light which seems extremely risky as far as I am concerned. The van is back in on a regular basis so I am losing money too. It's back in again tomorrow and Fiat Professional are supposed to be involved so I hope something can be found. Has anyone come across anything like this or is mine just a turkey?
Cheers
Ian

StoneAcre in Doncaster have told me there is no fix and to ignore the Engine Management Light which seems extremely risky as far as I am concerned.

Time to take this up with your local trading standards, the van clearly has something very wrong with it, and they're just fobbing you off as they know what ever that problem is, is 1. Expensive and 2. Not likely to cause any damage in the long term, however you paid for a working van and it's going to seriously effect the resale value later down the line.

Under the sale of goods acts this comes under the banner of "not fit for purpose", especially if it's in regularly to be looked at

I think you are right. I'm losing lots of days at work too so it's costing me, you buy a new van to prevent this problem. It's in again this morning and Fiat Professional are following up on the dealer so they are getting another chance to sort it at my expense. If I don't get some sort of answer today I think I should take your advise and speak with Trading Standards.
Cheers

Threaten them that they can keep it till its fixed and you'll invoice them for a rental van in the mean time, also speak to fiat UK as they can stick their oar in and often kick the dealership up the arse if they're not sorting he problem

They are keeping it overnight again. Disconnecting the towbar electrics now. Something they fitted from new so don't know where this is going. Seems strange to me. How is this connected to 'engine oil' or 'StartStop', maybe EML but not the other things surely?

if you paid over £100 on a c/card you can do a claim back

They are fitting a new sensor tomorrow morning so another day without the van. How am I supposed to run my business? Absolutely ridiculous situation after two years of trying to fix it.

A new IBS sensor fitted and I'm going to pick it up now. I wonder if this will be the end of my problems? I do hope so.

Van is now 5 years old. Same problems, no-one will help sort the situation. Fiat and Stoneacre are useless. I will never buy another Fiat product. I've bought two vans, first one had a rocky start but went on to be okay. This one is a nightmare.
Because it is a business van, and not private, citizens advice etc want nothing to do with it either. As a sole trader we are treated like 3rd class citizens. Limited companies can rip you off and walk away. We can't. Claims can be made against us personally but we can't get anything from other companies even if the goods are not fit for purpose.

Can you say what’s wrong with vehicle now is it exactly what you’ve said 3 years ago ? You say all these dealers looked at it and couldn’t solve it? but you only have to tell them it’s not correct your not happy or accepting it like it is they will get the technical platform to send someone out from fiat uk to look at it and rectify problem ,take it to your dealer tell them you want a fiat high tech to inspect it they will open ticket and arrange fiat appointment around you instead of telling this forum what bad service you had get fiat uk involved get case number if it’s not been right from day one your dealer should have your history and open ticket with your assertive thread on here I’m sure you can get result from fiat uk and the technical team

Fiat Professional were involved and failed along with the rest to solve the problem, then when it hit three years old they would only look at it if I paid for it. I need the van every day for work. I can't afford to dump it on their forecourt and tell them to fix it. Trading standards aren't interested as it is a business vehicle. Citizens advice are the same. Fiat have sent a text in relation to a message I sent them recently but the return phone number doesn't work. Just a catalogue of errors. Stoneacre in Doncaster lied and said vehicle didn't come into them until it had done 24000 miles but it went back in after one week when the warning came on to STOP, Turn off engine, check engine oil. Recovery came and put it on a flat bed as no one would take responsibility for starting the van as they didn't know what would happen. Ridiculous situation and I am stuck in the middle of it.

Back