Styling 500 Retro Styling Question...

Currently reading:
Styling 500 Retro Styling Question...

Dingopuppy

OK.
This may be a bit random.... BUT before I bought my 500 lounge back in 2012, I saw a webpage that was selling various styling accessories.
One thing caught my eye in particular- a panel that went on the rear tailgate- between the bottom of the rear window and above the badge- across the boot/trunk lid- it was styled to look like the vents on the original 500- I guess for the engine.
I'm toying with the idea of getting one for my soon to arrive new 500c lounge, and if anyone has seen this... and remembered to save the web address... and will share it! I'd be deliriously happyish!
There's a second question... Related body area... My present car has mudflaps all round on all the wheel arches... Rear are Fiat ones, front were adapted from the Ford Ka ones... The rear spray up is STILL awful. (In one of my only 3 tiny car issues I broke the rear spray through over use I think!) anyway- I've noticed that there is a little diddy spoiler that goes on the trunk, just above the badge on that crease- strikes me that it wouldn't muck up the roof working... But would it help ease the spray? Thoughts?
Thanks to all
Jus (& Nero, on behalf of his successor- who I think is going to be Nuova or Nera)

OK.
This may be a bit random.... BUT before I bought my 500 lounge back in 2012, I saw a webpage that was selling various styling accessories.
One thing caught my eye in particular- a panel that went on the rear tailgate- between the bottom of the rear window and above the badge- across the boot/trunk lid- it was styled to look like the vents on the original 500- I guess for the engine.
I'm toying with the idea of getting one for my soon to arrive new 500c lounge, and if anyone has seen this... and remembered to save the web address... and will share it! I'd be deliriously happyish!
There's a second question... Related body area... My present car has mudflaps all round on all the wheel arches... Rear are Fiat ones, front were adapted from the Ford Ka ones... The rear spray up is STILL awful. (In one of my only 3 tiny car issues I broke the rear spray through over use I think!) anyway- I've noticed that there is a little diddy spoiler that goes on the trunk, just above the badge on that crease- strikes me that it wouldn't muck up the roof working... But would it help ease the spray? Thoughts?
Thanks to all
Jus (& Nero, on behalf of his successor- who I think is going to be Nuova or Nera)

It won't stop the spray being sucked back onto the rear hatch.., it's just a consequence of the shape of the rear.

Ah well!
It was worth asking,
To be fair I didn't think it would do anything... It's just such a strange little spoiler in a strange place I thought maybe that was what it 'did' haha!

Ah well!
It was worth asking,
To be fair I didn't think it would do anything... It's just such a strange little spoiler in a strange place I thought maybe that was what it 'did' haha!

I think it's purely a show thing. I don't think 500s need huge amounts of downforce. :D
Funny, I don't get much rear spray!

True?
What's the betting the reason I get so much is because I've got 4 mud flaps on mine?!!
Haha!

Right
I'm having a second go at this retro styling vent panel.
I noticed the one on the Diesel edition car.
The one I'm trying to find is similar- goes across the boot- except it has vents like the original 500 and they're on both sides unlike the pictured one- I think they were also horizontal.
Anyone seen one?
Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 81
Did you ever get anywhere in buying these vents? I am looking at them as well but not sure if there is a uk supplier.

Looking at the price list on the site the vents are two decals - one each side. I think the masks either side of the rear window are part of what makes the kit look right. Not sure I'd want to add to the already significant blind spot though.

I've done a tiny bit of research on this Orciari stuff - I really had my heart set on upgrading my old 500 with some of their stuff as it all looked pretty hot, and easy til I worked out they're probably not available any more. SUCH a shame every bit of info seems to be 5 years old, on all country's sites on the products, and no-one seems to actually offer anything anymore...

...except this one - this eBay user appears to be directly associated with the original Orciari website listed above but alas only has a blog now with this link on it. Only the boot spoiler is listed. Might be worth dropping them a line. From my experience of dealing with Italian part sellers, they generally all speak English better than me. Hope this helps.

http://m.ebay.it/itm/00551-SPOILER-POSTERIORE-ALTO-FIAT-500-NEW-by-ORCIARI-/161886352309?nav=SEARCH

Back