Technical Connect NAV GPS antenna location

Currently reading:
Technical Connect NAV GPS antenna location

Hi

The Connect NAV on my Croma 2006 is out of order.
I would like to replace it with a modern 2 din navigator/radio etc

I would like to place the new GPS antenna in the same place of the old one...do you know where is it?

I thought it was the one with the small ball in the middle of the dashboard...but the repair manual says that one is a solar sensor...:confused:

Hi
I would like to place the new GPS antenna in the same place of the old one...do you know where is it?

Why don't you use the existing antenna? At least try it with the new GPS. The antennas are "active", that is they have an amplifier built in. This is powered down the cable. Older ones used 5V, many newer ones use 3.3V. You won't damage the new GPS by connecting it to the old antenna even if the GPS is 3.3V and the antenna is 5V. Even with a voltage mismatch the antenna will probably have enough gain to work OK with a new GPS.

Robert.

The radio, GPS and phone use the same roof mounted aerial. The aerial and its mounting are different for vehicles with and without the Connect Nav.

So the aerial mounted in the rear part of the roof is the one...the same one...for radio/gps/gsm? :eek: with 3 different connectors to the Connect Nav? Really?

Last edited:
This one is from a Stilo with CN+. The Croma is likely to be similar.

Stilo one has GT5 connectors for the GPS and GSM.

Attachments

• CN+ Aerial.JPG
    CN+ Aerial.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 140
So the aerial mounted in the rear part of the roof is the one...the same one...for radio/gps/gsm? :eek: with 3 different connectors to the Connect Nav? Really?

It's three antennas in one housing. The long whip sticking up is the AM/FM radio. The phone antenna is a short rod under the cover and the GPS is a ceramic "patch" under the flattened front portion.

Robert.

It's three antennas in one housing. The long whip sticking up is the AM/FM radio. The phone antenna is a short rod under the cover and the GPS is a ceramic "patch" under the flattened front portion.

Robert.

Thank you Robert! Very interesting!

And also thank you for the ebay link!

Unfortunately I'm thinking that is better if I find a used but working Connect Nav, because...the Connect also controls several functions (eg. the date and time on the instrument panel) and so I think I've no alternatives :(

Back