General My 2008 Fiat Bravo 1.4 150 t-jet!

Currently reading:
General My 2008 Fiat Bravo 1.4 150 t-jet!

DrumRollChris

After finally plucking up the courage to pick a car with a 6 speed gear box I finally bought my new 1.4 t-jet 150 version.

First thoughts? It's pretty thirsty! Although that probably has something to do with the wide grin I have on my face everytime I go out driving...

One or two things needing done to it. Rear wiper doesn't work, at all. Not sure if it is a loose connection, wiper motor or some dodgy electrics where the cables run between the body and boot. Happened with my Grande Punto.

Not sure if it's related but both rear light clusters mist up when cold/raining conditions.

When turning the key I usually turn to MAR (electrics) then wait for all the lights to go out then star the engine. Looks like the previous owner never done this as if you turn it to MAR then let go of the key and wait then try to start it they key jams and you have to turn it off and try again. It works when I hold onto the key and wait for the lights on the dashboard to go out though... weird.

The gear lever gaiter needs changed soon along with the top of the steering wheel trim.

The interior light fitting above the driver/passenger is loose, just some material glue shold do the trick.

Picking out all the small things here but the car is truly amazing and I can't wait to start racking up some miles on my new baby! Need to thing of a name soon....

Attachments

• 20150410_175619.jpg
    20150410_175619.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 211
  • 20150410_180952.jpg
    20150410_180952.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 124
  • 20150411_074657.jpg
    20150411_074657.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 120
  • 20150408_115158.jpg
    20150408_115158.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 109
  • 20150410_154841.jpg
    20150410_154841.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Also, I'm presuming this is a standard feature but driving home around 1am this morning I noticed every time I turned a corner the corrisponding fog lights would light up when I turned the corner??? Think it's pretty cool if you ask me :)

First thoughts? It's pretty thirsty! Although that probably has something to do with the wide grin I have on my face everytime I go out driving...

Haha yeah can understand that very well ;)

Also, I'm presuming this is a standard feature but driving home around 1am this morning I noticed every time I turned a corner the corrisponding fog lights would light up when I turned the corner??? Think it's pretty cool if you ask me :)

its normal, if you turn the wheel under a certain speed or indicating they come on,

It pulls like nothing I've been in before ��

And that's a pretty sweet design mod! Just so I don't get pulled for having fogs on when I should have them on haha

Any ideas on my wiper/lights cluster situation?

Not sure on the wiper, if you have the fronts on and put car in reverse does it work? would rule out motor and wiring...

I have a bit of condensation in my rear lights

as for the key, Fiat have this clever/annoying feature where if you turn the key to start it wont turn again after the starters done its thing, so sometimes if you just go to MAR you might just be turning it enough to engage the starter, key wont turn again unless you switch off then back on

takes a bit of getting used to

Not sure on the wiper, if you have the fronts on and put car in reverse does it work? would rule out motor and wiring...

Nope nothing works, had the cover removed and this was the outcome... lots and lots of used up grease clogging the cogs... cleaned it out and kept the good grease but to no avail... must be needing a new motor I'm guessing, wiring looks to be all fine...

Attachments

• 20150412_140834.jpg
    20150412_140834.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 127
  • 20150412_142434.jpg
    20150412_142434.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 112
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
How does it compare to the GP? Thinking about changing from my 1.4 8v GP to the 150 Tjet too.

About 500x better. In just about every single way... be prepared for the big jump in power though, it takes you by surprise I'll be honest. Especially the 150 model.

After owning the car for over a week now I'm glad I decided to part with my hard earned cash... increasing my jaw definition every time I get in it due to the amount of smiling I'm doing! Haha
quick question though, my headlight unit doesn't seem to move any higher up... only rotates down to settings 1, 2 or 3 and I feel the headlight unit is currently sitting too low so not enough light is being project down the road... not enough to blind everyone just think it's limited to the range... and that's with Philips BulbWhite Vision Xenon Effect*bulbs in it. Also noticed the drivers side fog light unit is faded. Found out its a common fault with the plastic or something... any wa to clean the deposits off or better just buying a new unit?
Clio still not sold yet, haven't advertised it yet so still strapped for cash until it gets sold... then I can start having fun!

One more thing... when the car is stationary it idles fine.... but when driving I was coasting a little before a corner and realised it was holding around 1000rpm... further investigation confirms this. While moving and clutch disengaged/out of gear it will.idle around the 1000rpm mark but park up it drops to 650-700ish.... should it be doing that? Cheers.

I think **** headlights is a fiat thing, I had a punto with osram night breakers which made no difference then when I brought my bravo I changed the head lights with Philips top of the range lights....made no difference and still couldn't see **** on the roads!. In the end I bit the bullet and installed some HID's which are ****ing awesome!

Has your car got the sport button? That brings a even bigger grin!

I think **** headlights is a fiat thing, I had a punto with osram night breakers which made no difference then when I brought my bravo I changed the head lights with Philips top of the range lights....made no difference and still couldn't see **** on the roads!. In the end I bit the bullet and installed some HID's which are ****ing awesome!

Has your car got the sport button? That brings a even bigger grin!

Don't get me wrong, the light that comes out is spot on... I think it's more the angle of the headlight unit... it will rotate the unit down but not up... only to setting 0.... and I'll be doing that shortly... always planned to just thought they would do until then... obviously not haha what HID kit do you have installed? Been recommended the Hawk kit http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=360396009228&alt=web
some people on here swear by it... but for £19??? :/
And unfortunately not no, I've got the dynamic version.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Yeah that's the same kit, drivers side is a doddle to install but the passenger side is a right ****! But I highly recommend them

https://www.fiatforum.com/bravo/421436-my-bravo-sport-t-jet-150-a.html
Yeah that was my thought process when I was fitting the new H1 bulbs.... thought I would have to crack the washer bottle haha
I'll order them tomorrow I think and see what I've got time wise... spending more time with the car than I am doing my dissertation! Haha
any ideas on the idling symptoms? And cheers for the HID kit help!

Hawkeye HID Kit, front and rear Team Heko wind deflectors, front universal and rear Fiat Bravo mudflaps ordered today... shouldn't take too long to start transforming the beast! Emailed GSR about the induction kit asking if it was allocated too low, allowing water and all the crap from the road to be sucked in the inlet... told me I could cut upto 4' off the intake section if it was desired... that's next on the list after payday along with a custom remap... anyone got any recommendations around the Glasgow area? :)

Have you thought about Rear tinted windows and a double din.

Got quoted £125 for the back windows.
I'm looking into the pioneer sph da 120 and a Chinese version like it but running android. Let's see.

Have you thought about Rear tinted windows and a double din.

Got quoted £125 for the back windows.
I'm looking into the pioneer sph da 120 and a Chinese version like it but running android. Let's see.

Yeah that is part of the ever growing list that seems like it'll never end of things to do. £125 sounds reasonable... including rear window? Not just the two back windows? Take it that's using 3M stuff?
And at the moment the stock head unit is more than adequate for me... apart from the no Aux setting... which is weird since it was in my 1.2 active GP... just needed to cable.
Something I have considered by currently not that high on the list... let me know how you get on with your search though?

Heard of a few places in Edinburgh/Fife but no experience of them unfortunately

these guys are apparently able to dyno the car without using rollers so you can see results easier http://www.lsctuning.co.uk/

Road trip!

Now that looks interesting... haven't saw anything like that before! Definitely worth an investigation... £300 not a but steep for a non-custom remap though...?

Back