General Is my seat supposed to look like this?

Currently reading:
General Is my seat supposed to look like this?

rodneyq

There is an exposed greasy part at the side of the drivers seat on my 2012 Punto TwinAir. I've never noticed this before but I'm sure its not supposed to be like this. I've not found any covering that has come loose in the car though. I noticed it cleaning out my car for the first time since a service at Arnold Clark in which they broke a tail light and boot latch that they have since fixed. Any opinions would be welcome. Please see the attached photos.

Attachments

• IMG_2560.JPG
    IMG_2560.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 154
  • IMG_2561.JPG
    IMG_2561.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 139
  • IMG_2562.JPG
    IMG_2562.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 108
There is an exposed greasy part at the side of the drivers seat on my 2012 Punto TwinAir. I've never noticed this before but I'm sure its not supposed to be like this. I've not found any covering that has come loose in the car though. I noticed it cleaning out my car for the first time since a service at Arnold Clark in which they broke a tail light and boot latch that they have since fixed. Any opinions would be welcome. Please see the attached photos.

Hi, and welcome ,

certainly not noticed that on my Identical car..,
16K miles now covered, and happy enough with build quality,

( check your alloys for"water marks" though);)

Charlie

Either my Alfa Romeo MiTo or my Parents Fiat 500 seat has the same thing as pictured. Can't remember which car off top of my head but i have seen it before & thought nothing of it. It may (or may not) disappear depending if you have the seat height set high or low.

I wouldn't worry anyway as i have seen it before.

Can anyone post a picture of how the seat is supposed to look? If I buy a new car I expect all the parts to be there. My dealer is struggling to find the part. I'm going to be selling the car soon and I don't want anything to drag the price down.

Cheers for your input so far!

Back