Technical punto gt engine turns wont start.

Currently reading:
Technical punto gt engine turns wont start.

Bruno Gomes

Hi there.
i got a problem i want to share. my car, a PGT1, from 94 has some strange behavior. at first it cranked the engine but only started at second try(making a strange noise, like pushing a boot damper open). and some days ago it refused to start at all. strange thing was my ignition light went down after cranking the first time and did not came on till i turn the key to off again.
the car runs fine if i push the car to start it. but im not able to starting with key like a normal car. my blink test came out 1256.
guesses to help me please.
thanks a lot.

Before you change your crank sensor, check the contacts on the female side of the plug that the sensor connects to. I had a series of crank sensor failures which turned out to be poor contact in the plug. A quick adjustment of the contacts with a small screwdriver and all has been well since. Of course, it could still be a faulty sensor!

this next weekend i will spend some time around the car. i will check for fuel and spark and if conection failure, if not... dont know what to do.
my brother in law said it might be the ignition switch. but i think it works fine. whats really strage is that if i push the car down hill it will start and run normaly. thats why i think it might have spark and fuel.
but thanks for the reply, will come to you guys soon.:bang:

well in that case i would suspect either a bad earth connection somewhere or something poor on the starting side, like battery not strong enough and voltage drops too much with load of the starter, or the starter is on way out and not spinning fast enough (does it turn over nice and fast when you try start with key?)

many thanks for all the help. it was in deed a groud conection, directly from the batery. i have a cut off switch there and when i check the resistance i found that i had some from the batery to the engine, just scraped all the dirt/rust from the conection, reconected it and voilà... it works again, starts at first, problem solved.
once more, thanks:D

Back