Technical Twinair Engine Temp Sensor / Sender Location - MIL & Constant Fan Running

Currently reading:
Technical Twinair Engine Temp Sensor / Sender Location - MIL & Constant Fan Running

Sister has just returned home in her 2011 Twinair.

MIL (along with the ! inside a triangle) came on about a mile outside the village, cooling fan is constantly running on low speed (I think, fairly quiet) no engine temp displayed on dash (no blobs) and SS unavailable.

This seems to be pointing towards failed temp sender unit or associated wiring as the cooling fan normally comes on constantly as a fail safe when this happens as a fail safe.

Can anyone point me in its rough direction under the bonnet to check it?

I'll be reading the codes with MES in a bit, but discovered the laptop battery is dead so charging that first.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I assume so, but don't know where it's located.

Had a quick look with a torch, and suspect possibly around the thermostat housing, but its very tight in there so might be a battery out job to sort.
Just spent an hour looking all over the net for a diagram but found nothing :(sorry ,hopefully someone will be along to help unless you find it Wednesday.

I assume so, but don't know where it's located.

I've attached a schematic of the TA's cooling system - item 8 is described as the 'sending unit'. Should be around £20 inc VAT if bought from Fiat, though it could just need a bit of corrosion cleaning off the connecting terminals.

Hope this helps - do let us know how you get on.

Attachments

• 0.9 Cooling.jpg
    0.9 Cooling.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
Back