Fiat grand punto dynamic heater problems

Currently reading:
Fiat grand punto dynamic heater problems

Spangled97

Hi,
Just got a new pinto as first car and yesterday morning my heater was working fine. Until for some reason when i had the power on 1,2,3 it didn't turn on at all, and then in 4 it would some times work but cut off every now and then!

Any ideas?

What's a Pinto? No, seriously, I knew what this post would say before I clicked on it. You'll find the plug onto the heater resister has melted, you can get a repair plug off ebay - same as Corsa D.

You need something like e-bay No. 301107018902. It has an extra wire on one end, I think it's the brown one, which has to be connected to the one next to it. The problem with them is that the earth pin can't take the current so overheats & melts, the extra wire spreads the load over two pins which the resister already has. As you may have guessed, Punto Grande's & Corsa d's were a joint effort and many of the bits you can't see are the same. You used to have to buy a whole heater loom for £££££'s before this plug came out, join the wires with block connectors as they are a bit thick to solder although no doubt i'll get told off for saying it.

Back