Technical 2008 Grande Punto Front Bumper Swap with Evo Front Bumper

Currently reading:
Technical 2008 Grande Punto Front Bumper Swap with Evo Front Bumper

john2k

Some silly clown wrecked my bumper overnight on the road and didnt even leave any note. Anyway, i'm looking to replace it now but i've come across a few Evo front bumpers. Having looked at it carefully, the overall outline seems the same and seems like it might fit. Might require some customizing but that I am willing to do.

Has anyone tried this? does anyone know if it fits?

It will fit fine as the evo is just a facelift.

You will need evo headlights, indicators etc and need to modify the wiring to fit though, probably easier and cheaper to find a GP bumper

Modifying the wiring isnt a problem as electronics is my specialty. From initial look, the shape of the headlights look the same. wondering why the headlights need changing? because of the connectors? I can modify those if thats the case.

Modifying the wiring isnt a problem as electronics is my specialty. From initial look, the shape of the headlights look the same. wondering why the headlights need changing? because of the connectors? I can modify those if thats the case.

Even so its not a simple job. Although they look similar the evo lights are a different shape so an evo bumper wont fit with GP headlights.

It would be cheaper to just buy a GP bumper

Some silly clown wrecked my bumper overnight on the road and didnt even leave any note. Anyway, i'm looking to replace it now but i've come across a few Evo front bumpers. Having looked at it carefully, the overall outline seems the same and seems like it might fit. Might require some customizing but that I am willing to do.

Has anyone tried this? does anyone know if it fits?

Why the heck would you want to fit an evo bumper? It's tragic and responsible for a nosedive in punto sales.

Why the heck would you want to fit an evo bumper? It's tragic and responsible for a nosedive in punto sales.

What's wrong with it? it's a matter of personal preference. It's not different than any other body modifications people do, be it spoilers, lips bodykits etc. It's a far better option than those aftermarket bumpers people put on which starts sagging and falling apart.

What's wrong with it? it's a matter of personal preference. It's not different than any other body modifications people do, be it spoilers, lips bodykits etc. It's a far better option than those aftermarket bumpers people put on which starts sagging and falling apart.
Whats wrong with it......

The big huge, black plastic section on it! Especially for people that like to bump into things..... it looks awful!!!!!!

It is one of the reasons I didnt even consider upgrading from the Grande Punto to an Evo....

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1423223707.307869.jpg

As in the pic above the bottom corner of the light is a different shape and won't fit with an evo bumper

Also on the evo the indicators are moved from the head light into the smaller accessory lights on the bumper and they added daytime running lights

You would need the evo bumper the black plastic insert accessory lights head lights new fog lights if you have them and to re-wire the head light connectors and add in new wiring for the accessory lights

When you start toting up all the bits that are needed it can get very costly

Back