General Fiat 500X

Currently reading:
General Fiat 500X

cmm.sedici

So the new 500X has finally landed and I think it looks really good.

For anyone with Sedici's it would appear to be a direct upgrade option. I'm certainly going to have a look. Would be a big investment though as the Sedici only seems to be worth a few grand now.

Between this and its rivals; Countryman, Juke etc, I think I prefer this.

https://500x.fiat500.com/en-GB/?off-road-look

What are your thoughts?

I just wish they hadn't called it the 500X, not everything has to be a 500, Fiat!

They could have easily called it Sedici again, and the 500L could have easily been a Panda Grande but noooo, everything gotta be a 500 something-or-other.

Nice car though :p

I know what you mean, would rather it had less association with the cutesy 500. But 'Sedici' (16 in Italian, 4 x 4 = 16) wouldn't have worked because the majority of the cars they sell will be the 2WD version.

My gut says to go for the 2.0 Diesel as I've got the 1.9 Diesel at the moment, but as well as the winter roads and occasional field crossing, mine spends most of the time on the motorway. So for that I need a marked increase in MPG.

From the numbers I've seen, the new 500X doesn't make enough of a jump in economy, and the 9-speed auto-box could be annoying. Take the 1.6 Diesel manual Seat Leon for example which (at a similar price) offers £0 tax and up to 90 MPG.

I'm concerned that my heart and OCD will overrule my wallet as a red one of these looks really nice and would complete my set of only ever owning red Fiats. (97 Brava, 2007 Sedici).

Might try and get a test drive to put this idea to rest.

It looks nice, but expensive!

I have so much in my (2006) car already, 4wd, climate control, electric bits and pieces.
A sun roof would be nice, but I can live without it.

So ... may in a 3-4 years, when there could be a healthy second hand market? :)

Back