IMG_25992.JPG

Panda 2012+ Buzz our Panda Cross.

Introduction

Starting this thread for Panda Mo as it will be more her car than mine, but she's not too well at the moment and wasn't able to pick up Buzz from the dealer today herself. Hopefully it won't be long before she's behind the wheel though, I know she can't wait!

I went to collect Buzz this afternoon in our Mk1 Panda 45 as most of the salesmen are a similar age to me and like to see the old stuff we have. Plus it was a good photo opportunity to have first and last Pandas together.

Buzz is a twinair. We've added the following options......

Reversing sensors.
Winter pack - Heated seats, windscreen and mirrors.
Passenger seat table.
Tropicalia yellow paintwork.

First trip was back to the workshop to fit some sill protectors......

It was very dark by now so no more pics until tomorrow.

Then it was another twenty miles home. First impressions are great. It seems more refined than I remember from the test drive in the demo, maybe we hit some bad surfaces that day.

Average mpg so far is 38, that's not bad considering I wasn't trying. To be honest if I'm driving I will rarely be trying, and the eco mode will definitely be off. So too will the stop start function :yuck:

I've found Buzz to be a lovely car to be in so far, good quality ride with a commanding driving position for a small car (should suit Barbara well). I like the twin air engine, great all round performance for such a small one, but I'm not sure I'll ever grow to like the 'comb and paper' noise it makes.

Looking forward to the next drive though. :D
Really excited to have my new car at last! Shame I can't drive it at the moment ?. I should be reading up about all its features but am too tired to take it in and so I think I will just wait until I am well enough to drive again. That probably won't be for quite a few weeks yet so I will just have to be patient. Not easy for me!

Great stuff, don't feel so lonely now. Save the table same spec as mine as well. I have been surprised/impressed at the refinement (once the TA has got you up to cruising speed) . Currently averaging 33mpg but that is the result of lots of short journeys.

Love the name!, I wonder how many others will name theirs.
Those sill protectors look like a good investment too

I think I will just wait until I am well enough to drive again. That probably won't be for quite a few weeks yet so I will just have to be patient. Not easy for me!

I think you should confiscate the keys from Vern ( VmanC ) otherwise it will be fully run in by the time you get a chance to drive it. After all that's part of the pleasure of having a new car.

Buzz..bright & no fear...into muddy fields and beyond...

My cross is missing:cry:
Status 60, which means at the dealership
but my dealer has not received it yet!!!

?

Hi Buzz... You were on the same Ship? as my Red Panda Cross.
Maybe you talked Fiat while u sailed together to the UK.
You were probably parked next to each other while at the docks in Naples and in Bristol. ?
You probably said ur goodbyes while on a Walon transporter before you headed to meet Panda Mo & VmanC.
Well sadly Buzz, ur travelling buddy hasn't made it to its destination.
No one knows where it has got to.
Its become a Stray Panda?, A Hobo, went WalkAbout ?, its M.I.A, really!
The Fiat system says its delivered but it ain't.
I think the next step is to find out where the Walon-UK transporter delivered it to.
(over 27hrs ago now!)
I think this wee Panda Cross is just having an Adventure? before meeting me.
Maybe its trying to get a name for itself;
If it was Orange then it would be Nemo?
As its Red & the hunt is on, maybe October?
Maybe Woody if he was ur buddy Buzz?
Mia? Stray? Hobo??
As I said to my Fiat Dealer(who is a good family friend),
as long as it is not D.O.A. or used or damaged goods when found, then all is good.

? ?

Buzz..Bright & No Fear...Into Muddy Fields and Beyond...

My 2 year old granddaughter is most impressed with the car and his name! Vernon took her for a drive. Apparently it has special fittings in the back for the car seat which just clips in. Then when her dad tried to put her in his black BMW estate to take her home she said "I'd rather be in Buzz daddy!" Clever girl!

My cross is missing:cry:
Status 60, which means at the dealership
but my dealer has not received it yet!!!

So sorry that your new car has gone missing! Hope they find it soon. Unbelievable really! Good luck!

Buzz..Bright & No Fear...Into Muddy Fields and Beyond...

My 2 year old granddaughter is most impressed with the car and his name! Vernon took her for a drive. Apparently it has special fittings in the back for the car seat which just clips in. Then when her dad tried to put her in his black BMW estate to take her home she said "I'd rather be in Buzz daddy!" Clever girl!

?(This looked like I had written it in your post)

Maybe Daddy will be buying Buzz from you in a few months:)
Or maybe ur granddaughter in 15 years time.

Buzz is Cool in a very warm way.

Looks like Panda Mo clicked on the wrong button. :p

I bought the sill protectors a month ago on ebay. Not sure about what's available from the dealers as the salesman didn't mention accessories and I keep forgetting to ask when I'm in there.

I have just orderd a set of the sill protectors off ebay by SG petch a main dealer in Middlesbrough for £52 so am very happy with that! Are they just stick on or a bit more than that? (y)

So sorry that your new car has gone missing! Hope they find it soon. Unbelievable really! Good luck!

The car isn't missing. As I've said to mark through text and phone calls, the car is status 60 which is dealer delivered. It turns status 60 as soon as it's requested from Walon. The car will be here when it's here and I have no control over how long stobart takes to deliver it. Considering the car has only taken 8 weeks from ordering instead of the usual 12, your are lucky to get it so quickly. Totally blown out of proportion!

I have just orderd a set of the sill protectors off ebay by SG petch a main dealer in Middlesbrough for £52 so am very happy with that! Are they just stick on or a bit more than that? (y)

Yes they are stick on. They come with a wet wipe to take any polish off the area before you stick them on, I didn't trust this alone so used some panel wipe too. They stick very well so make sure you position them well before you go for that final press. They need to be tucked well under the doors seals. (y)

Really excited to have my new car at last! Shame I can't drive it at the moment ?. I should be reading up about all its features but am too tired to take it in and so I think I will just wait until I am well enough to drive again. That probably won't be for quite a few weeks yet so I will just have to be patient. Not easy for me!

Commiserations to you for being too unwell to drive your new Panda. I know exactly how you feel. When my Panda arrived, I was in the hospital getting my tonsils out. My flat was just one mile from the dealer. It was as much as I could do to pick the car up and drive it home and park it up. I then basically stared out the window at it for the next few weeks as I felt too ill to drive it.

Back