General How much would you pay?

Currently reading:
General How much would you pay?

Trav 1.1uno

LØÑG LÎVË THË ÜñØ
Hi Guys, thinking of selling up:( as i want summit quicker. Been lookin at 1.6i vtr saxos but i just wanna know how much id rake in for ma uno. Any suggestions greatly welcomed.
1108 j reg 1992. 51000miles, 12month mot, getting 1 yr tax next month, i'd throw in sony 10 disc cd changer and 2 spl6x9's

Attachments

• DSCF0019.JPG
    DSCF0019.JPG
    836.5 KB · Views: 79
  • the uno.JPG
    the uno.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 152
The cars never broke down in the yr ive had it, just need a change. i drove ma friends saxo and really liked it, id still buy an uno again to try and doo up once i had cash behind me, just can only afford 1 at a time at the mo, and i want a saxo.

If you want reasonable car in this range, keep your Uno or, if you are really finding yourself unbearably bored by it, get Punto.
If you are used to self-servicing your straigtforward Uno, you will find the Cit captious. This is, unfortunately, true with the other French cars as well (no matter if PGT or Renault). Chaotic design, sloppy workmanship...
Unless you have a Cit with hydraulic suspension, I cannot see any real advantage over the Torino bunch.

want something faster?

drop a punto 60 engine in. it SHOULD fit perfect as the block used in the 1.1 unos is the same as the cento block except the cento runs off ignition coils rather than the single and a distributor but all should be well. may need a few other little bits swapping but should be fine really (mainly just little sensors like the oil pressure etc.

will give you that extra bit of power and make it more fun to drive :)

I agree as my g/f had a saxo from new, she had loads of problems and the performance was crap compared to my uno.
As for value I would say about £400 if your lucky
Pete

You wont find another car with the charm an Uno has. :rolleyes:

Id say £300-400 sadly.

Dont get a Saxo, get a Punto instead.

LMFAO Dunc u cheeky sod hahahaha u really are desperate for a shell aint ya.
Buy a saxo mate so i can show you what an 11 year old uno turbo can do to your "FAST" car lol My mate has a saxo VTS and i gotta admit it is quite nice looking and pretty quick too but both me and my mate in his renault 5 absolutely obliterated it lol.
I dont actually know much about citroens but i dont really like them to be honest, but i'd say most of us on here are biased towards fiats anyway so if you really want a saxo that bad then who are we to stop you? :)

Oh by the way thats a very nice looking uno you got there. i think you could get about £400 or maybe more for that if you be patient.

F R O $ T Y

Last edited:
Trav 1.1uno said:
The cars never broke down in the yr ive had it, just need a change. i drove ma friends saxo and really liked it, id still buy an uno again to try and doo up once i had cash behind me, just can only afford 1 at a time at the mo, and i want a saxo.

Giving up a Fiat Uno for a Citroen Paxo? :nutter: (!!!!!)

Traitor! Sleeping with the enemy!

Don't forget the other problem with a Saxo. Everyone else on the road will think you're a Chav and a :tosser:

Well, at the end of the day you are on a Fiat Forum, so you can't expect much support for giving up a Fiat for a Citroen :rolleyes:

Citroen don't know how to screw a car together properly. I had one, and it put me off Citroens for life. Also had to work on friends Pugs and Renaults - put me off French cars for life!

If you must get rid of your Uno get another Fiat. You know it makes sense (y)

F R O S T Y said:
:D Best quote so far... (if that dont put you off god help ya soul) lol

:D Best advice so far...

F R O $ T Y

lol, reading all this has made me appriciate my uno so much more, i wanted to do more to it a while ago but as every1 was saying to me, its an old car. i want it to be a bit more faster, also, when ever i start the car up, it die's really quiclkly, i need 2 keep revin for a few minutes to get the engine to tick over, any1 know why this could be? or any ways to fix?

(n)
turbo_jim said:
Get urself an uno turbo- you know it makes sense! Much cheaper than a vtr saxo, and faster too!!!

yeh it is a good idea but it trying to find 1 and if i do, will the bodywork be as good as my own, if not id need to swap engines n mounting brackets and everythin, i dnt really no that much but i doubt id be able to do that, and a garage would prob skin me stupid :( (n)

Back