Technical Inlet Air Temperature (IAT) sensor

Currently reading:
Technical Inlet Air Temperature (IAT) sensor

dacater

does any one know where the Inlet Air Temperature (IAT) sensor is located and the engine coolant temp sensor?

rgds dan

engine coolant sender is at the rear of the engine near the cam belt cover. inlet temp sender is in the throttle body i think. I'll just check that and get back to you

oh I see, There have been some threads about these mods before. The general thoughts are they are not much cop. it fools the ecu into thinking the engine is cooler than it really is and so enrichens the mixture. Fuel consumption increases and it won't pass the mot whilst fitted. Other than that I don't think they do any lasting damage. Start a new thread more relevant to what you want to do and get reaction on it.

just considering it to be honest not sure if its worth the hassle if it might make my engine overheat from what your saying

What about the IAT Sensor or is there not one in the sie sporting?
why not mod it? have you had a bad experience? or did you mean not on that sensor?

Might pass on the idea the part only cost me £4. is their an IAT sensor in the sie sporting?

Sorry about my question if it was not clear! tell me how i could have made it clearer for next time
tnx dan?

Nothing wrong with the question at all mate.
My brain was not working on the same wavelength, if you had said
I'm thinking about one of these resistor thingies then I would have known that it was the fueklling sensors you where looking for not the temp guage one. I should perhaps of twiggede by the second part of the Question about the Inlet temp sensor.
But hey sometimes I'm not perfect.

all good fella thanks for your help anyway. actually while i am asking do you know if there is a temp gage you can get for the sporting that can be fitted so i can see how hot the car is getting?

rallycinq said:
The engine managemnt system is not fooled for long. The Lambda senses the increased fuel and adjusts it downwards.

On a seperate note, overfuelling causes bore wash, lack of fuel causes overheating.

Cheers

D

And then overfuelling can lead to breaking up your catalytic converter, which is fairly expensive to replace. I know, because my IAT sensor went wrong and was working between 30 and 40 degrees whilst cold. Now looking for a new sensor :(

Back