1.6 or 1.8 turbo or supercharger?

Currently reading:
1.6 or 1.8 turbo or supercharger?

W

Will

Can it be done, would prefer a supercharged version but could settle for a turbo, all i want to know at this stage is is it possible?

Cheers in advance
Will

signew1.jpg

as with anything, its always possible, viable? that's a different question.
there are a lot of people going down the super charger route, but as they take power away as well as give it back. larger engines fair better

i would.......grab a 20vt coupe and take it from there, least you have the loom ecu and block all sorted

The idea was to make it light aswell as quick. the 20V engine is not light! Plus if i went for the 20vT i would need the whole front end pretty much wouldn't i?

you would, but don't think that the super charger route is going to be any different, its just a different set of problems to solve

1st and foremost, the block was never designed to take forced induction. you have some big maths to do to sort out the compression ratios (your now dealing with decompression plates)

your going to have to find, mount, and find some way to drive the SC

then you have piping to sort out, routes ect

FMIC or a chargecooler so add

then there is the fuel side of things to sort out, larger fuel pump, injectors, FPR

your going to need a uprated clutch (hopfully you will find one) as well as better breaks

the biggest pain in the ass is getting it all maped, you have to find some one that can map that ECU, if not your looking at aftermarkit ECU's like motec ect

i suggested a 20vt, or even better for size a 16vt because the block is designed to take forced induction and you can get a complete car for under 1k, which is the bair miniumum of what the above will cost any how

even if you do get the SC working and set up, i dont think it will ever be able to be a daily driver

chat to Claymore.. he seems to be a wizard with chargers :)

If your bravo has aircon, you can mount a charger from there-obviously removing it.

Best of chatting with him. search his posts for supercharged marea...and he did it on a not soo costly budget!!!

Ade

FIAT currently use a relatively lightweight turbocharged engine in the top of the range GP and Bravo. I'd bet that would fit with a bit of work. Tuned and tweaked it would likely be good for 175 bhp.

the front end should hold easily, cant see why it wont seeing as all the bravo/a's use the same chassis.

putting a 20vt would be alot easier i wouldve thought then going down the supercharged ruite...but the supercharger will be better purely because it hasnt been done before on a smaller engine and would definatly be original.

id see about running ur 1.4 on throttle bodys...it uses a carberator housing so could be done

ShaunCowhats.gif

She's a monster soon to be revealed :)

If they didnt want it stripping they shouldnt have used nuts and bolts :)