Technical starting problems helpppppppppppp

Currently reading:
Technical starting problems helpppppppppppp

mercure

hi all hope someone can help me got big probs...i bought (with one key blue one and no card) a multipla which i love dearly, then drove to spain some 1300 miles and it was faultless...until i got there!! after driving around for a week i developed lots of suspention knocking sounds front and back due i think to spainish roads (4x4 multipla anyone?) but thats was the best bit the worse was the day i was going to drive back i got starting problems i put the key in and turn it wont fire but the engine turns over after trying maybe 10 times key in and out it started..(much swearing and praying as the manual said no bump starting ) but when i turned it off it wouldnt start again well for 7 goes anyway, didnt want to do it again as the battery was gettting some what drained.

So had to leave the car in spain outside my friends house and fly back!!
now i got to go back and pick it up but i need to find out whats wrong from this side of the water as i cant speak too much spainish and the dealers scared me over there as i saw one guy handbrake turn a clients car inside the workshop (was ther coz my mate was thinking about buying a multi..was)
someone said it might be the key! but hes no expert

So if anyone can help me i would be in your debt...maybe you can have my wife for an evening lol :worship:

be quite tricky to diagnose for sure.especially with the car over there.
maybe the multipla owners/fiat techs may have an idea.

as another stop gap option can you get european breakdown cover that gets the car towed home??
not that i condone these things ;) but you could take out the cover,fly out and then get the car towed back.least it would be(possibly)easier to deal with a UK garage

hi and thanks i do have green flag cover for europe but it takes a while to get it back...and really i wanted to drive it back really nice drive i would recomend it to anyone... although the only hard part is paying tolls with a right hand drive long way across....goes like this stop undo seat belt put in neutal hand brake one get out of seat climb across undo window then talk to person or take ticket all to the sound of horns behind you as they can see you got english plates...get back in seat and drive off franticly trying to put your seat belt back on as a policeman is watching you..but its a great drive apart from that:)

lol thats what the tech in the spainish dealer handbraked in to the bay.

seems as the offer of my wife for an evening aint working...nos kit anyony? lol :)

i think so .... blonde:) and she gives good head even learnt deep throat this year lol

Awesome :)

If you go to Spain to pick the car up, maybe I can babysit for you ;)

You infidels are very free with your women, yes? :cool:

Is it petrol or diesel? The car, not the wife ;) .

its diesel....105bhp someone told me it might be the droplink rubbers ... not sure what they are though.. rode bikes most of my life but willing to learn:) thanks for the advice:)

I think they are the anti roll bar bushes, where they bolt to the body.

If it is a diesel, could it be air in the fuel system? There is not much but compression, timing and fuel in a diesel car. Is there a fuel cutoff in the system for when you switch it off? Maybe that is cutting in when it shouldn't.

For when its running the knocking suspension will most probably be the drop links on the front suspension. I work for Fiat and this is a common problem with the Multipla's and the Ulysee's

Can you tell me what the problem with the starting is then, and I can tell Mercure here and then show his missus a good time:D

thanks pal... bought the arms... got to fly over aand fit em now:) still worried about the starting though... if its not the key coz im not sure that the code light comes when it wont start. is ther a fuel solonid that could be the cause or something electrical ?

thanks negotiator.... will buy one hope they dont cost to much and bring it with me.

hmm just been told it cant be my glowplug control unit as the plugs were warm when it wouldnt start!! bugger must be something else

Back